Chapter 22 - Goal

The president of the Genavis mercenary guild.

In his past life, he had never been in the mercenary guild. He wasn't skillful enough so he never even thought of doing so. It was only after he left Genavis that he attempted to become a mercenary.

'Of course.'

But he wasn't fazed. This request wasn't just a regular one; there were issues with it. An orc village conquest was an important job for the Genavis guild.

And the issues.

It was probably not fixed by just reporting, and it was directly reported to the president.

14 year old.

Martial artist.

It was common to be a martial artist. Do Sangrang was one himself.

But it wasn't common for a martial artist to be a mercenary.

"Your young."

Sungmin heard that as soon as he opened the door. There were cigarette odors permeating the room. A middle age man with a huge build and thick glasses looked from his desk.

"I'm Dox, the president of the Genavis guild."

"...It's Lee Sungmin."

Sungmin said while saying the posture. Dox looked at Sungmin's face and asked.

"There's many things I want to ask, but I'll ask one thing first. Why did you lie?"

"...Yes?"

"You're not a martial artist."

Dox tapped his glasses that was on his nose.

"Do you know about artifacts?"

"...Somewhat."

An artifact was an object with magic on it. Sungmin's interdimensional pocket was an artifact.

"These glasses are an artifact. If you wear them, they tell you the person's class. Your class... is a No Class. It's hard to believe."

Dox muttered. He was surprised, but Sungmin didn't show it. If he was caught, he was caught. He couldn't be flustered by something like this.

"A No Class learned martial arts... that's not hard to believe. Aren't No Classes popular these days. The martial skeleton from the surgeon and learning martial arts is possible."

"...You know well."

Sungmin sighed. He had to.

"Why did you lie?"

"I thought it wouldn't make sense."

Sungmin answered. Dox nodded his head.

"That is true. It's true for me actually. You. How long has been since you came here?"

"...are you questioning me? I don't think I caused a crime to be questioned..."

"Ah, I see. I'll apologize to that. I'm not in the position to question you. You're not in the position to be questioned either."

Dox agreed on his mistake nonchalantly. It seemed not of place because of his huge size, but to Sungmin it wasn't. Not all mercenaries are politie. Most of them were, but usually a president was an intelligent man.

'There are idiots in the heads of the mercenaries though.'

He knew from experience.

"I just thought it was strange that you would lie. Well... it's not something I don't' believe so. Well, i'll ignore that. That's not important."