Chapter 144 - Reunion (2)

Lee Sungmin helped Wijihoyeon up so she could stand. As she stood up staggeringly, she almost fell back down because her legs felt so weak. Lee Sungmin quickly reached out and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"...ahahaha!"

Lee Sungmin, who was fixing his hair, glanced at Wijihoyeon, who burst into laughter. She smiled then shook her head.

"The world is a place I didn't really expect it to be."

Wijihoyeon said that while trying to give strength to her legs. However, her legs were shaking like a wilting tree on it's last breath because they could not support her weight.

"When I promised you about today's meeting ten years ago... I never imagined I would meet you like this. I didn't expect myself to come here in such a shameful state."

"I think you're misunderstanding something, there's nothing to be ashamed about.", answered Lee Sungmin.

Wijihoyeon tried once again to stand on, but she gave up because her legs just seem to not function properly. After a short sigh, she looked at Lee Sungmin's face.

"Really? I'm glad to hear that. Then I'll have to ask for another shameful favor. It's hard for me to stand on my own, so can you give me a piggyback?"

Lee Sungmin did not answer. Instead, he inserted the spear into an inter-dimensional pocket and carried Wijihoyeon on his empty back. Wijihoyeon was incredibly light. As she got comfortable, she leaned her chest against his back and he could feel her heartbeat.

Yoo Ho-jeong, who collapsed, didn't get up. He only saw Lee Sungmin carrying Wijihoyeon with bloodshot eyes and bit his lower lip.

[...Leave Rubes.]

Lee Sungmin's head heard Yoo Ho-jeong's voice.

[I've already sent a telegram to the Faction saying the Minor Heavenly Demon is weak. I'm pretty sure they know you are not that far from here to Crohn and they're already organizing a squad.]

[Why are you telling me this?]

[Because you didn't kill me.]

Yoo Ho-jeong's face was stained with a terrible light when he answered.

[That's all I owe you. If there's a whole bunch of martial artists coming... Remember that I'm going to be acting with them from now on, and now that you've defeated me, your risk of getting chased is going to increase even more. If you don't give up the Minor Heavenly Demon, you'll be spending your future days in fear.]

[I'm fully aware of that.] Lee Sungmin answered curtly.

But, he was also grateful for Yoo Ho-jeong's advice. He then turned around.

[Wait...]

It was the moment when Heoju was about to say something but Lee Sungmin stopped walking. Heoju didn't finish his words as Lee Sungmin kept thinking. He turned his back to face the opposite side of the gate. Yoo Ho-jeong's eyes were wide open as Lee Sungmin sat down.

"...aren't you leaving?"

"I think here is safer for now."

Yoo Ho-jeong's advice to leave the city was also right. But, there were still martial artists of the Murim factions running around. There were not just one, but two Heavenly Demons in the city. Without the Crazy Heavenly Demon, even if they took the southward route, they would come across a tribe that uses a special kind of gravitational magic.

That wasn't the only reason Lee Sungmin wanted to stay in Rubes.

"There's the Samaryunju in Rubes."

Yoo Ho-jeong's expression hardened to the point of steel.