Chapter 29 - The Mountain of Mush

There weren't many otherworlders who succeeded in spreading his or her name across the entire continent. It might not be hard for one area, but for Eria, it meant that the person was a huge genius and also did many things to spread their fame.

Baek Sogo fits both of those categories. As her nickname said, she was a martial artist. He didn't know where she came from, but she suddenly came out of nowhere and spread her name.

When he first heard of her, it was when he started as a mercenary. Therefore, in at least 2 years, she would be leaving the mountain.

'But she dies.'

He knew that. The death was there. That was definite.

In his past life, she died. To none other than the Small Pegasus.

In 8 years.

He looked at the Sogo that was walking in front of him. He had the penalty of heaviness. It wasn't easy to even take a step.

What Sogo had as a specialty was quickness. It was the same as before. As her nickname said, she was as fast as a flare. He knew in the three weeks just how fast Sogo was. Unlike Sungmin who couldn't hunt because of his heaviness, she swiftly and easily caught them.

Sungmin couldn't even locate her movements.

[You're too slow.]

Sogo stopped. And then she wrote it down.

[Should I carry you?]

"...Yes?"

[Don't ask again when you already saw it. You're too slow, so I'll just carry you.]

She wrote it down again. He hesitated. Even if it was Sogo, it didn't feel right to be carried by a girl. But this was no time for pride, so he finally nodded his head. She picked Sungmin up and carried her on her back. He held her shoulders tightly.

Kindness.

Nice person.

Those were funny words to say about herself, but to Sungmin, she was definitely a kind person. She did his hunting for him for 3 weeks. She gave him other plants to eat as well and told him where to get water.

And didn't want anything in return. Sogo... was similar to Wijihoyun, but also different. To be honest, Wijihoyun gave Sungmin things because of the relationship that they were in- friends.

Then Sogo?

Were they friends?

'I don't know.'

He didn't think that friends just happened when one person just proclaimed that the other person was their friend. Honestly, Sungmin didn't know what friends meant. He never had any before, so how would he know?

Friends, or not, he was happy for her kindness.

One month.

It was only a month, but it was the most terrible month of his entire previous 13 years of life. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't have survived.

'But she ...dies.'

And it wasn't from a random person. Small Pegasus Wijihoyun. The first friend that he had ever had. That Wijihoyun would kill Sogo.

Why?

Just why?

Let's think. Why would Sogo die? The person that killed Sogo was Wijihoyun. That was true.

It was because of her killing Sogo that Wijihoyun started to spread her name around.

'No, it's not just because of Sogo.'