Chapter 176 - City of Endless I (5)

"......you have gone far beyond being disrespectful.", the Crazy Heavenly Demon suddenly interjected as he staggered to get up.

Kumiho sighed and apologized once more with another bow to the Crazy Heavenly Demon. Even though she had bowed to both Lee Sungmin, Heoju and the Crazy Heavenly Demon, the three of them continued to glare at her angrily.

Although he had been caught by surprise, Kumiho's strength was beyond Lee Sungmin's imagination. Lee Sungmin felt that even if he fought with all his might, he would not survive if she seriously wanted to kill him.

Her strength, from what she had shown, was comparable to Geniella's, the Vampire Queen in Travia.

"I'm sorry I misunderstood. I thought that of course, Heoju would be after your body."

[Sometime long ago I did, but it's not the case anymore.], Heoju grumbled. [His body and soul are incredibly eerie. I don't want to get killed by messing with it.]

Heoju spoke truthfully, as he knew Lee Sungmin was someone incredibly special and not someone that a monster should even think of possessing.

"......if you're worried about that.......", Kumiho spoke quietly in a suggestive tone.

[I said I don't need it.], Heoju cut her off abruptly as he didn't want to listen to her bullshit any longer.

Kumiho's shoulders flinched at his cold remark. She finally understood that Heoju was not going to possess Lee Sungmin, as he had rejected her firmly multiple times at this point.

'Is it affection maybe?', Kumiho suddenly thought, as she couldn't come up with a reason why Heoju would adamantly refuse possessing Lee Sungmin's body.

Kumiho furrowed her brows. She couldn't be sure of it, but if it was true, then it was something completely unheard of.

The Heoju that Kumiho remembered, was known to have zero affection for humans, was utterly ruthless in slaughtering them, and amassed fear.

"I... I wanted to help you because I thought you wanted to see me.", Kumiho stuttered.

[You've done something unnecessary. Thanks to you, I'm in a total bind.], Heoju grumbled in discontent.

"......sorry.", Kumiho muttered sheepishly.

[Whatever. It was out of respect for me, after all. Why are you acting so shut up though?], Heoju spoke arrogantly to Kumiho's suddenly meek behavior.

Heoju then turned to Lee Sungmin and spat out at him, [Didn't you come here to ask Kumiho some things?]

Lee Sungmin collected his thoughts quickly and calmed his emotional state. He was embarrassed and angry at the sudden situation that Kumiho had forced on him.

But Lee Sungmin was well aware that if he acted according to his feelings, he would do things terribly wrong. Lee Sungmin nodded after taking a deep breath.

"A few years ago. Kumiho, you might not remember, but you saved a tribe from a crisis that nearly wiped them out. Do you remember the incident?", Lee Sungmin asked in a cool manner.

"Of course I remember.", Kumiho replied to Sungmin with a respectful tone once again.

"I came down South to meet that tribe recently. I wanted to ask if we can meet the tribesman you rescued and took with you. And the other thing I wanted to ask related to that tribe, was if you knew the identity of the fire-breathing monster that attacked them."

At Lee Sungmin's words, Kumiho was silent for a moment. After a while, Kumiho smiled and opened her mouth.

"Do you want a method to balance the forces with the technique they practiced?"