Chapter 99 - The Search for Envirus

At that end, laughter coming from the flame stopped . The familiar who was looking at the flame turned her head to look at Lee Sungmin . She sighed and dragged down the robe she was wearing .

"A beastkin?"

Lee Sungmin muttered with his eyes wide open . It was because of the cat ears that popped out of her dark hair . Hearing Lee Sungmin's words, the familiar introduced herself with her amber eyes narrowed .

"I am Rubia . Under the command of my Master, I was waiting for you here . "

"Oh, is that so? That son of a bitch was waiting for him . If so, then he's the one who should come back . "

The flames laughed at Rubia's words . Every time the voice sounded out, the lights around it would flicker and glow brightly . Lee Sungmin looked at Rubia with a deep face and raised his finger to point to the flame .

"What is that?"

"Look at that undignified little bastard pointing his finger at me . "

The flame grumbled . His voice expressed strong discomfort, but he was all bark and no bite . However, the lights around him wavered greatly as if expressing his feelings .

"He's the remnant of a Great Yokai who's currently asleep in this forest . "

"A remnant... I'm not such a trivial being . Although I lost my body and remained conscious, I am not a remnant . "

The flame spat out . Lee Sungmin laughed at the word 'Yokai' . It wasn't his first time hearing such a thing . He had heard that monsters are sometimes called yokai in some areas . As far as Lee Sungmin knows, there was no significant difference between a monster and a yokai . In the end, neither of them was human, and both were monsters that ate humans .

"He was once the one who led the 100 Great Ghosts, but now he's lost his body . "

Lee Sungmin blinked as he listened to Rubia . The flames flashed unpleasantly, but did not protest . Lee Sungmin briefly alternated between Rubia and the flames and asked .

"So what the hell is it that you want to tell me?"

Lee Sungmin first looked at Rubia .

"I ask you this, but I know you can't give me the right answer . Only Envirus himself can answer, but you are not Envirus . "

"... that's... Yes . I've been waiting for you, but I can't answer your questions . "

"Where's Envirus?"

"I don't know where Master is . But if you come with me, my Master will come to us someday . "

Rubia replied like that in a confident tone . However, her answer did not satisfy Lee Sungmin . After all, Rubia didn't know Envirus' whereabouts . Rubia said, reading Lee Sungmin's expression .

"Master also promised us . 'Wherever I am, I will come back someday' . "

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure . "

Rubia nodded strongly . Lee Sungmin looked at the flames after hearing her answer .

Sponsored Content

Remove Ads?

"Who are you?"

"Heoju . "

"I am the one who came back from death . Why have you been waiting for me?"

"I do not know . "

Heoju replied in a dignified voice . In any case, his voice was so confident that Lee Sungmin was left speechless . Heoju added more words with a distant gaze .