Chapter 127 - Gwangcheonma (3)

Heoju let out a baffled cry. He wasn't sure how Crazy Heavenly Demon was able to use his power, but it was true that he could. Lee Sungmin breathed heavily as all of his muscles strained to maintain the momentum of the attack.

Tuuung!

He pushed the hand holding the spear harder.

"Hmm!"

Crazy Heavenly Demon's eyebrows shot up. He admired that Lee Sungmin was quite profound, unlike his outer appearance. Not just that.

'What is this?'

He felt something unusual whenever they clashed. He had thought it was his Inner Force Shield at first, but it wasn't. Although Crazy Heavenly Demon had encountered various types of martial arts, none of the warriors who fought with him had such strange and impressive martial arts.

"Feels so refreshing!"

Crazy Heavenly Demon didn't hesitate but rather burst into laughter and strengthened his defense aura. Lee Sungmin was startled and forced to step back at its intensity as it flared up.

"Come on!"

Crazy Heavenly Demon roared. He ran forward first with a loud battle cry. A strong Defense Aura permeating his body while moving at a terrifying speed turned the Crazy Heavenly Demon into a vivid painting of violence. Lee Sungmin unhesitatingly immediately performed Lightning Annihilation, the Nine Heavenly Spear's techniques' fifth move.

The attack pierced through Crazy Heavenly Demon's chest. No, it only seemed to go through. Crazy Heavenly Demon burst out into a big smile and extended his right hand up to his chest.

Kwaaaang!

They clashed with a ringing echo. Lee Sungmin realized somewhat belatedly that the Crazy Heavenly Demon was a true Transcendent warrior. He had the confidence to beat Aine by a considerable margin during their fight, but he had no confidence in coming out victorious over the Crazy Heavenly Demon.

When he encountered Juwon in that snowy field, When he met Geniella in Travia, And when he met Wijihoyeon's Doppelganger in the dungeon. The tension he felt when standing in front of the enemy and the foreboding feeling of death sharpened Lee Sungmin's senses.

[That bastard!]

Heoju shouted inside Lee Sungmin's mind.

[Some dog bastard that rolled out of nowhere dares to touch my powers!]

(T/N: the original line is a proverb that's something along the lines of being a dog that only knows to play with bones aka unreasonable or nonsense)

Heoju was truly angered. The enormous power he had had before being subdued and sealed with his body destroyed. Heoju had thought that his powers were extinguished along with his body, but the power used by Crazy Heavenly Demon was exactly the same as the powers that he had back then. There was no way that Heoju himself couldn't recognize his own powers.

[Don't kill him! We have to catch him and question him!]

'Shut up! Don't say such irresponsible things!'

Lee Sungmin clenched his teeth and shouted in his mind. Don't kill? It was a difficult fight to begin with, and the Crazy Heavenly Demon's dense Defense Aura was threatening enough to kill Lee Sungmin already. There was no way he could kill him.

Lee Sungmin ignored Heoju's cries and shot out his spear. Spearheads were delivered by the dozen, making a dizzying scene and piercing the air toward the Crazy Heavenly Demon.

"What a good trick!"

(T/N: 雜技 aka jabgi are miscellaneous types of martial arts. Usually used for small-time trickery)