Chapter 168 - Remnants (2)

Nobody knew about the deaths of Murong Seojin and Zhuge Taeryong except for the Black Dog and their contractors. Their bodies would rot and die quickly and that was only if they weren't eaten by monsters first. In the end, only the Zhuge Clan head and the current stand-in leader of the Orthodox from the Black Dragon clan would know of what happened here.

Unaware of their deaths, Lee Sungmin traveled out of the forest as they were guided by the evil spirits lurking around. The good thing was that the forest did not impede them this time as Lee Sungmin had taken care of the monster remnant or 'monster of immortality' as others called it. So, the forest was staying still, grateful that the monster was slain.

"How... No, what the hell is he even doing?", Aladdur spat out in confusion as he saw the evil spirits leading the way for them.

He had never thought of such a possible method being available to them, as it was conventional yet unheard of.

"The handling of evil spirits is something that only a few of the high-quality sorcerers can do. It's ridiculous to deal with evil spirits that are in the forest of temptation because they're much stronger than most. Only black magicians would be capable of what you're doing so how are you doing it?!", Aladdur spat out at Lee Sungmin.

"I don't know. I'm not a black magician.", Lee Sungmin replied curtly.

Lee Sungmin knew though why they were leading him, but chose not to disclose the why and how to Aladdur. The spirits were linked to Heoju's power and presence, and Lee Sungmin was connected to Heoju through the dantian. Hence, why such an impossible sight was taking place in front of Aladdur.

'It doesn't matter.', Lee Sungmin thought to himself.

It was only in this forest he would be able to use this method, and he didn't have any intentions of trying this method anywhere else or approaching more evil spirits in the future.

"I'm so sick and tired of eating and sleeping by the graveyard to learn how to handle evil spirits. How could life be so unfair? Someone who's talented in martial arts, has great looks, doesn't need to affiliate himself with any needless trouble and can even do what most sorcerers dream of!", Aladdur cried out in dissatisfaction.

As the group heard his complaints, Rubia giggled and the Crazy Heavenly Demon nodded inwardly and sympathized with Aladdur. Aladdur didn't know why the heavens would bless such a man so much! And he was only at the age of twenty-three!

"If you keep blabbering like that I'll leave you behind, so shut up.", Lee Sungmin said irritably.

"Ah I'm sorry, I just can't express how impressed I am with your abilities.", Aladdur grumbled.

Lee Sungmin only added Aladdur to their group because of the necessity, but after one day of traveling with him he was more or less irritated with him. Lee Sungmin was not the talkative type so Aladdur got along well with Rubia and The Crazy Heavenly Demon as they traveled.

"Aren't you going in the wrong direction? Are you out of your mind!?", Aladdur suddenly yelled out after a few minutes of walking in silence and studying his sorceries.

After a while they took a break and Aladdur asked where Lee Sungmin wanted to go as he did offer to help him find another place to travel.

"Fuck! I jumped ship with the crazy idiots to get away from hell, but I've only ended up traveling on another ship going straight for hell once more!", Aladdur cried out as he realized where they were headed.

"No. I'm not saying I'm going to go to the City of Endless Night. It's just in that direction."

(T/N: The city where monsters and half humans reside, and where night time is endless/sunrise doesn't occur. It was mentioned by Heoju when Lee Sungmin was traveling towards Devon in earlier chapters.)