Chapter 90 - Ghost Blade

Should he appeal to compassion?

He didn't plan on it. Even though they had both stayed at the place called Mush's Mountain, there was no real relationship between Lee Sungmin and Dok Bejun. On the mountain, Lee Sungmin was only acquainted with Baek Sogo and Scarlett.

In Lee Sungmin's memories, Dok Bejun was always standing near the cliff's edge.

A swordsman, who was blind in both eyes.

Dok Bejun, who looked down with such bottomless eyes, looked more like a monk than anyone else practicing on the mountain. Therefore, Lee Sungmin had a deep impression of him.

He had to abandon that image.

Perhaps Lee Sungmin admired Dok Bejun – Ghost Blade with his unparalleled skills. He had to throw it away. It was only the contradictory sense of responsibility and self-satisfaction that caused Lee Sungmin to move.

The spear shot forward in Lee Sungmin's hands. He dexterously employed the Nine Heavenly Spears technique. Sword and spear collided swiftly, dizzying all nearby eyes. The spear divided into a dozen pieces, while the sword emanated an aura of death.

Ghost Blade was not deceived by the spear that swam about like a fish. He held the sword firmly in his right hand. It was a weapon with a big difference in length from the spear held by Lee Sungmin, and that length was not in his favor.

Kakakakang! The sound of steel colliding with steel continued. Lee Sungmin's hands, which moved unceasingly, created dozens of movements with the spear he was wielding. Ghost Blade did not step back in the face of this violent bombardment of attacks. Sword and Spear clashed. The distance between the two did not narrow.

What will Ghost Blade do?

He couldn't afford to look at his opponent. Lee Sungmin focused on the movement of the spear instead. He blended the Rana technique and Nine Heavenly Spears technique flawlessly. Ghost Blade ceaselessly attacked Lee Sungmin with his blade, destroying all of the nearby pillars. At some point, Lee Sungmin swallowed his breath once. His spear stopped only once for a moment. His spear shot forward. His movements were as swift as a steed in battle. But Ghost Blade's expression showed no hint of surprise. He held the sword in his right hand and propelled himself forward using momentum to bounce off of Lee Sungmin's spear.

Ghost Blade said nothing. The sun was setting. Lee Sungmin, ignoring his grip, took the spear and slashed it down. The spear fell over the head of the sword. Ghost Blade's feet slid sideways. At the same time, he aimed at Lee Sungmin's waist.

The moment the sword tried to tear at Lee Sungmin's side. His body, light like clouds, swiftly dodged. This was the result of the One Thunder technique.

Ghost Blade did not panic. He only shifted the direction of his sword slightly. A few steps away, Lee Sungmin's eyes widened when he saw Ghost Blade's sword making it's way over to pierce him. He twisted the spear while pulling it into his arms.

Jjeoeoeong!

Lee Sungmin's body was pushed back with a heavy sound. He stretched and flexed his back. He could taste blood through his clenched teeth.

And he looked toward the unceasingly moving blade.

Nine Heavenly Spears, seeking to subdue the serpent's soul.

(T/N: 伏蛇魄貪 fu she po tan, lit. 'seek to subdue serpent soul')

The spear scattered in front of Ghost Blade's eyes. It disappeared. He couldn't see where it was going. Lee Sungmin's tricks had managed to hoodwink him? Was he deceived? He had to abandon relying on his sight. He had to feel with his senses. Ghost Blade tilted his upper body back.