Chapter 140 - Promise (2)

Rubes was a big city located in the middle of Eria. It had a Gold Wizard Tower, a Red Wizard Tower, and the headquarters of the Mercenary Guild as well. Rubes was crowded with many warriors of the Murim and Wizards due to the Forest of Blindness on the border – also known as Crohn.

But there were more than just Murim and Wizards who lived in this world. They were far less noticeable in comparison, but No-Class' were also summoned to Eria. The children of the people who originally lived in Eria, and those who were summoned to Eria in the past. It wasn't just the Murim and Wizards, everyone living in Eria dreamt of living in Rubes.

Rubes was the city of dreams. Many people dreamt of setting up a base in Rubes, and those who actually managed to do so led a rich life comparable to the middle class in other cities, even if they were classed as the lower class of this city.

The C-grade mercenaries were busy living on a day to day basis. Even Grade or higher mercenaries still weren't qualified to be commissioned in Rubes. Rubes was the largest and most famous city, but Lee Sungmin had only ever heard of its name and had never been there.

"Lee Sungmin? Hmm... S-Grade mercenary."

He had not accepted any requests since leaving Behenger, but that didn't mean that the Mercenary Guild was useless.

Rubes was strict about public security as it was a big city. There was a long queue to enter the city, and if someone didn't have the appropriate documentation, then he wouldn't be able to access the city.

"What about you?"

He waited patiently in line for a long time, and Lee Sungmin, who showed his mercenary card, was able to pass through the gate without too much trouble. Rubia wasn't held up in the inspection because she was hiding herself in Lee Sungmin's arms.

"I am The Crazy Heavenly Demon, Byuk Wonpae."

Then it was The Crazy Heavenly Demon's turn. He took his identification card from his sleeves and showed it to the guard. The guard checked his identification card and nodded his head.

"I'll tell you this just in case. Don't even think about causing an incident here. I don't care if your cause is justified or not. Just remember, this is a city protected by those of the Murim, Non-Human Alliance, and Wizard guilds."

"Do you see me as an idiot?"

The Crazy Heavenly Demon grumbled. As a metropolis, Rubes was woven tightly with the power of many different organisations. No matter how powerful or skilled The Crazy Heavenly Demon was, he wouldn't be able to make any trouble in Rubes.

"Please come in."

The Crazy Heavenly Demon grumbled to himself as he passed through the entrance without any problems.

"Murim, Non-Human Alliance. Huh! If I so much as lifted my hand..."

"Please don't give us trouble."

Lee Seongmin exhaled as he heard the Crazy Heavenly Demon grumbling. The Crazy Heavenly Demon shut his mouth in the twinkling of an eye.

The promised day of reunion with Wijihoyeon was the next day. Though they hurried along to reach Rubes, they only arrived with a narrow margin to spare. During his journey from Travia to Rubes along the northern tip of the continent, Lee Sungmin had been sparring with the Crazy Heavenly Demon almost every day. Although they controlled their power to the extent that it wouldn't give them trouble travelling, the Crazy Heavenly Demon finally came to the point where he acknowledged the level of Lee Sungmin's martial arts.

"Rest assured, I don't plan to get into trouble."

"Pretend we don't know each other if you do."

"Don't go overboard! Did you forget that I taught you the Blood Ring technique?"