Chapter 104 - Mimics

Baek Sogo didn't know where she was.

Her luck was good. She was definitely very lucky compared to the poor Heavenly Skyfall and the Peerless Warrior who were killed by Wijihoyeon's Doppelganger before they could even think of retaliating. Baek Sogo encountered the Doppelganger of the high peak level expert Heavenly Skyfall, one of the members of the Murim factions who came in with her.

Of the five experts from Murim, he was the weakest, and Baek Sogo was ranked highest. Thanks to this, it was not difficult for Baek Sogo to defeat the Doppelganger.

What's more fortunate was that Baek Sogo didn't come across a very powerful Doppelganger. She witnessed the process of the creation of such a doppelganger and was able to understand to some extent what this dungeon was like.

'A Doppelganger... I never thought I'd run into one in a place like this.'

Most of the Murim's people, In particular, the foreigners who were not born in Eria but were suddenly summoned to Eria after living in Murim, were more of a stranger toward fields other than martial arts. In most cases, they shared the pride of originating from Murim, renowned for their martial arts skills. In this regard, Baek Sogo was a fairly reasonable person. In addition to martial arts, she was also knowledgeable about other techniques.

'The usual doppelganger only mimics the appearance. However, this dungeon's doppelganger can even mimic their martial arts. The battle itself was simple... Heavenly Skyfall's Doppelganger martial arts were very lacking as compared to the original.'

Baek Sogo was well aware of Heavenly Skyfall's martial arts. They both belonged to the Murim factions and were very familiar with each other because of their shared mission of monitoring Wijihoyeon. Baek Sogo had a favorable opinion of Heavenly Skyfall because of his strong passion for martial arts.

'This dungeon is dangerous.'

The collapsed Doppelganger no longer moved. The monsters appearing in the dungeon leave a certain loot after they fall. Baek Sogo reached out and traced the flesh of the Doppelganger. Searching through the collapsed flesh of a monster, which was in the shape of Heavenly Skyfall until a moment ago, was not a pleasant feeling, but there was no hesitation in Baek Sogo's hands as she prodded away.

"... a potion?"

Under the sticky flesh was a palm-sized glass bottle. Baek Sogo lifted the glass bottle and shook it lightly. It was bright purple. Baek Sogo was very well-informed but still could not grasp what the contents inside of the bottle were. In this case, the obvious thing to do would be to drink it herself or test it out on someone else, but it was also probably the most ignorant way.

Baek Sogo put her hand in the interdimensional pocket that was tied to her waist. What she brought out was an artifact purchased by saving up the meager salary she got from the Murim factions. On the surface, it looked like a crude magnifying glass, but in order to buy it, Baek Sogo had to cut down her living expenses for more than half a year.

'It's an Elixir. Very few impurities... This kind of an elixir, it's like a Priest's blessing.'

Of course, Elixirs were not all-encompassing. When someone's arm was cut off, if the cut off arm was still intact, they could attach it, but it could not make the arm regenerate by itself. Even so, the Elixir was considered the best among various potions. Baek Sogo placed it in her interdimensional pocket.

"... Well then..."

Baek Sogo contemplated as she looked at the winding path of flesh. Which way is the front and which way is the back? She did not know whether the space she was in had changed, or she was moved into a different space. She couldn't tell left from right.