Chapter 143 - Reunion (1)

At the age of twenty-three, her actions as the Minor Heavenly Demon for the past five years were nothing short of phenomenal. She had broken down and crippled the North's Bloody Heavenly Demon and his followers, bringing defeat and death to the countless people who challenged her.

As a matter of fact, it was true that Wijihoyeon wasn't enough in many ways to be called a Heavenly Demon. She didn't commit any heinous crimes, nor did she commit any obvious misdeeds.

Nevertheless, Wijihoyeon had come under the eye of Ironclad because she called herself the Minor Heavenly Demon.

He was defeated in a fierce battle against the Crazy Heavenly Demon, who was active in the North.

Wijihoyeon was too strong. She was already too strong as the inheritor to the title of the Heavenly Demon who was already on the verge of transcendence, and everyone was openly talking about it. Among the gatekeepers and elders who had performed admirable service for decades, The Heavenly Demon was one of the few who has crossed the threshold of transcendence.

Many fighters didn't even come close to the realm of transcendence. Those who did not even reach peak level were rather average in this wide world of Eria. Even where people came from different levels every day, reaching transcendence was for the true masters.

Wijihoyeon may not act like a Demon but, now that she called herself the Minor Heavenly Demon, it became an issue. If she was already in her transcendental state, who in the world could stop her?

So he had to kill her here. He didn't know how she had gotten so weak, but it was a chance for someone like him who believed himself to have unwavering, raw talent. There was no justification needed for him.

He was a talent among the ages in the righteous faction of the Murim. In fact, none of the bystanders that gathered, blamed nor condemned Yoo Ho-jeong and rather took his side. They were lucky to see this fight.

Their approving gazes gave Yoo Ho-jeong strength. Wijihoyeon no longer had any strength to resist. She could only see him approaching and had a confused look on her face. She has been enduring all this time with the numerous black stones and elixirs she got from the dungeons, but it was the limit.

'What are you waiting for?'

It had already been a while past noon, so maybe he already left.

Though it doesn't matter anyway. Wijihoyeon had seen and experienced the death of her own master.

Ten years... She lived without the fear of death while roaming Eria. However, her sudden disposition and thought of her own death made her feel strange. She couldn't calm down. Wijihoyeon put up a faint smile.

She had never run away in all her life. She didn't even want to beg for her life. Wijihoyeon was prepared to die. She readily closed her eyes, and listened to the thumping of Ironclad's heavy footsteps moving towards her.

After a short while, the sound stopped. A gust of wind suddenly brushed in front of her. Wijihoyeon opened her eyes, looked up and saw Lee Sungmin's back.

Then a thought suddenly struck her. She had never seen his back. In every situation, the one in front was always Wijihoyeon, and it was Lee Sungmin who followed her from behind, just like when she saw him at the dungeon a year ago.

Wijihoyeon was always the one to lead, and it was Lee Sungmin who would chase after her. But now, he had finally come to see her. He had his back to Wijihoyeon and stood to protect her. She felt that his back was quite wide.

"...Lee Sungmin?"

"Ghost Gun!"

Wijihoyeon called out to Lee Sungmin in a weak voice, and Yoo Ho-jeong shouted Lee Sungmin's alias with his angry voice.