Chapter 154 - Choice (8)

It was over.

Lee Sungmin was tired.

He sat down right there because his legs were incredibly weak. Wijihoyeon approached him. Unable to move properly, Wijihoyeon came up with a slow pace and plopped down near Lee Sungmin. She looked up and down at Lee Sungmin, who was covered with wounds. The spear, which had been beaten and cracked from the overuse of internal energy and clashing with Amzone as well as the armor, was full of holes, and the metal shrapnel was deeply embedded in his flesh. Blood was flowing like a slow river in a puddle around him.

"...dumbass..."

Wijihoyeon barely uttered such words while pouting with her cheeks, and when she saw Lee Sungmin finally stopped and exhausted beyond words, she smiled pitifully.

"You talk too much.", he replied.

"Why... don't you see that it's like this because..."

"I didn't want to let you go."

"Did I ask you to do this?", she asked.

"Doesn't matter. You were sleeping. ...Did you sleep well?"

"You stupid son of a bitch...!"

Hearing Lee Sungmin's answer, Wijihoyeon jerked out her hand to grab him by the collar and grumbled, but she couldn't speak out loud from her condition, so she put down her seized hand.

"...what if you died?"

"I'm not dead though."

"You could've died...!"

"I'm not dead, so it's fine.", he said again.

Wijihoyeon's voice was ringing in Lee Sungmin's head. He felt his consciousness thinning, and his eyelids grew heavy. He wanted everyone to just wait and pause time but he couldn't do anything. From afar, the figures of Sima and Rubia approaching was blurry.

"I'll just have a little sleep."

That was the last word he said before falling asleep on the spot.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself in what seemed to be a dark cave. He heard the sound of rain in the distance. Lee Sungmin glanced at the black dragon cape Wijihoyeon always wore, covering his body. Right next to him, Wijihoyeon was asleep with a chirping breath.

"Don't wake her up. Because it hasn't been long since she fell asleep."

He heard a voice while he was looking at the face of Wijihoyeon. It was the Crazy Heavenly Demon. He sat leaning against the entrance of the cave, and by his side Rubia crouched and asleep.

"What is this place?"

"It's the cave where an old bear used to live. Lord Sima got his own magic to nullify the smell because of the old musty smell that would have been invading your nose if not.", Byuk Won-Pae, the Crazy Heavenly Demon, said with a grin.

"You've been asleep all day. Aren't you hungry?"

"...I am.", Lee Sungmin replied.

"I only have bread. ...We were thinking of taking the southbound route but we needed to rest. So we took a detour over to this place to stop in the cave. There may be some kind of forest trail to take back, but... everyone needed a break."

Lee Sungmin picked up the black dragon cape that was covering his body. There were no scars left on the body.

"I pulled out the shrapnel of the hidden weapons and poured some potions on your body. You were lucky. You were hit head-on by a thousand firearms, but you've been recovering in good shape."