Chapter 185 - Mayhem/Riot (9)

Lee Sungmin wandered in the dark abyss of the seal Kim Jonghyun placed. Everywhere he looked, it was just utter and complete darkness.

He also knew that this space was simply a space artificially created to consume time.

It was unpleasant to feel around as his senses were still a mess, and the feeling of time ticking by slowly weighted on his mind.

Lee Sungmin looked around and lifted the spear he had swung several times in vain.

He had tried multiple times at this point to escape through force, but every time he released an attack into the darkness, all he could see was the space fluctuate and bend, only to go back to normal without a single scratch to be found.

[It's a well-designed confinement seal. This is incredibly high level, and it's made to break down your senses over time, but what's more disturbing is that the seal itself is a higher level than the caster.], Heoju spoke to Lee Sungmin, examining the space.

But even Lee Sungmin knew that much.

Lee Sungmin couldn't identify the hooded sorcerer who placed him in the seal, but from what he could tell, the individual was a high ranked Dark Wizard.

But the question remained...Why did he just lock Lee Sungmin up?

[Stupid, don't ask the obvious. How can he do anything to you inside of the space, when even you can't do anything from the inside?], Heoju spat out in a mocking tone.

It made some sense to Lee Sungmin, but he wasn't totally convinced.

Nonetheless, he didn't have the time nor effort to dwell on such things until he got out. Lee Sungmin clicked his tongue and reminded himself not to relax.

Lee Sungmin acknowledged that whatever Envirus was doing was his own business and it might not be right of him to interfere, but he couldn't just sit still here like a duck.

He picked up his breath and gave strength to the hand holding the spear.

The spear vibrated with a small tremor. A golden and scarlet aura intertwined around the speartip and gleamed brightly in the dark area.

Bloody Heavenly Demon Martial Arts : Blood Gale Nova (血腥新星)

The unique trait to the Blood Gale Nova technique taught to him by the Crazy Heavenly Demon was that the force of the power would multiply more and more, if you stored up the internal energy into the blood rings.

Of course, that didn't mean he could endlessly charge up power for eternity, as if it exceeded his own threshold of power, he wouldn't be able to control it at all.

Even when he used his own internal energy combined with the yokai power techniques, he did not have complete control over them, and the side effects could be disastrous. Qi Deviation which was the breaking down of the meridians was the most common and brutal side effect of one losing control over their own techniques and he had no intention of doing so.

But when he used those two techniques earlier, he was in the middle of battle. Now, he was not only dealing with something that wasn't foreign to his own body like the yokai power, but something a bit easier to deal with. And this time he was completely standstill and able to focus his attention to the technique.

The strength of the blood gale nova started to intertwine with his golden internal energy fiercely as it wound up like a tightly wound spring at the end of the speartip.

It had been a long time since he had been extremely careful and attentive in performing his own martial art techniques instead of the yokai techniques. The huge swirl of internal energy wound tighter and tighter, as he started to feel the spear vibrate.