Chapter 180 - Mayhem/Riot (4)

"You're such a dick."

It was a straightforward remark as Frescan mumbled to himself.

"You're not just a jerk. You're a complete shithead. How did you learn magic with such a retarded brain on your shoulders and become an Arch Lich? I just don't understand!", Frescan cried out to himself in vain as he was incredibly resentful.

Frescan suppressed his desire to continue his ranting and numerous curses that came to mind when thinking about his superior in Predator.

"Yes, that's right....", he grumbled to himself almost delusionally.

Frescan had to constantly bow his head down to Arbeth the Arch Lich in Predator who ordered him around like a complete servant. It was a disgraceful feeling, but it eventually kept accumulating from a disgraceful feeling, to one of sheer deep-rooted resentment.

No matter how well Frescan had hidden his life vessel which was the very existence for a lich, he was constantly tip-toeing around, feeling like he was walking on egg-shells because Arbeth could completely destroy his existence on a whim.

Yes, Arbeth the Arch Lich. One of the 5 Great Monsters and Elders of Predator who was in charge of the undeads within the organization. Back when Arbeth was still alive, he had made a name for himself as a Dark Wizard for his cruel experiments and several questionable 'tests'. But since becoming an Arch Lich, he became much more notorious and was unrestrained in his actions, thus becoming more open about his cruelty and mass killings.

He was known by a nickname within the undead faction of Predator he ruled over, 'Two Face'. As he could treat you nicely one moment, then go absolutely crazy and make you his pet dog for a year the next.

In the Dark Wizard Tower hundreds of years ago, when Arbeth, who was a wizard at his peak and the current Tower Master at the time, suddenly emerged as a Lich, everybody was astonished.

Since Arbeth was the Tower Master of the Dark Wizard Tower, he had been doing all sorts of experiments and had a vast knowledge of Dark Magic at the time. Then after openly becoming a Lich, he had pursued even crueler experiments and sinister magic that he could not attempt under the pretense of the Tower Master.

Frescan was a Lich who had lived for many years and had all sorts of knowledge regarding Dark Magic, but it still paled in comparison to Arbeth. Their starting lines were different, and the span of their knowledge was foundationally different.

Frescan still had pure reverence and respect for Arbeth's magic knowledge as he too, was one who was searching for the pinnacle of all magic, even if Arbeth was a two-faced bastard.

'This artificial life form, and theory of the black heart is amazing, Frescan.'

Arbeth had even once complimented Frescan's research before when Frescan sought out Arbeth in hopes to continue his improvements on the chimera known as Aine, as Arbeth had finally seen the results of Aine face-to-face.

With that kind of praise as a Wizard, Frescan had complicated feelings towards Arbeth at times as anyone would feel a sense of gratification receiving praise from someone at the top of their respected field.

However, as the two of them were speaking to each other in the City Square, Frescan was angry.

"It's funny how stupid you are, Frescan. To make such a thing but not even be able to control it properly. What a fool.", Arbeth snarled and laughed at him looking at Aine that was standing emotionlessly in front of them.

'He's not a pervert is he?', Frescan thought to himself as he stared at Arbeth angrily.

Arbeth looked like a young man in comparison to Frescan, whose body looked like a crumbling mummy.