Chapter 57 - Variable

(T/N: I'm gonna have to use the word 'cultivation', I can't put it in any other way... sorry if this makes you cringe)

The expedition force was created very quickly. Bern, the head of the Behengerr mercenary guild, and Xeon, the leader of the Corona mercenaries, was participating in this expedition. This was one of the biggest expeditions in the past few years of the Behengerr mercenary guild.

Although he had retired after becoming the head of the guild, Bern was an SS-rank mercenary. Although he didn't have any breakthroughs and his power was halted where he was before, his long years of experience and skill as a mercenary wasn't something to be ignored.

Xeon was the same. He had learned the martial arts of the Shaolin and was participating together with three S-rank mercenaries and 5 rank mercenaries from his own group. Other than that, there were four S-rank mercenaries and 10 rank mercenaries from other groups, and two rank mercenaries from freelancers.

And there was Sungmin.

Sungmin felt that this was definitely a lot different from his previous life. There were no participants of B-rank and below; whereas in his previous life, B-rank mercenaries were the main combatants when the black mage dungeon was broken through.

The reason such a small-scale expedition team was created was because back then, it was judged that the dungeon was not so dangerous. However, this time, it was different. The existence of the ogre chimera was spread, and the fact that the lord of that dungeon, the black mage, was a very capable one, was known to everyone. Thanks to that, weak mercenaries didn't even apply for the expedition.

Sungmin felt that this was instead better. As long as the danger of the existence of a black mage existed, it would be better if the expedition force was stronger. What he was worried about was that Sungmin would not be able to profit as much with all the strong people gathered here.

'No, I still remember the location of that magic armor.'

Although Sungmin had never got his hands on the magic armor, he remembered the location where the magic armor was located. As long as he moved according to his memory, he should be able to get his hands on the magic armor first.

2 SS-rank, 8 S-rank, 17 rank.

A total of 27 people departed for the black mage's dungeon.

The dungeon was discovered at a mountain nearby the village where the ogre chimera was found. Ten carriages carried mercenaries to that location. As the Corona mercenaries used their own carriages, Sungmin was not able to see Xeon or his men.

Instead, Sungmin rode together with Bern and the freelancer mercenaries. Sungmin felt that it was fortunate for him to have become close to Bern. Although it was unknown if that was due to his strange ability of his, friendship resulted in good will.

"I didn't know I would see a famous figure of Behengerr like this."

One of the freelancer mercenaries sitting in front of Sungmin muttered. He had wide shoulders and rough muscles. Jung Chul. This was a name that Sungmin remembered. He was a martial artist who trained in external martial arts, and was an rank mercenary not belonging to any group.

"You really are younger than I thought you'd be. How old are you?"

Tang Misook. Although she was known to be from one of the famous families of the martial world, the Tang family, whether that was true or not was only known to her. However, most people presumed that she was not from the real Tang family. After all, if she was, she wouldn't be doing dirty work like being a mercenary. It was just that she called herself as Tang Misook, called herself as from the Tang family, and that she used hidden weapons, so everyone thought 'yeah, sure'.