Chapter 164 - Remnants (2)

"....That's a...Dragon's Heart?"

Lee Sungmin was trying his best not to be surprised with whatever Heoju would give him, but the words that came out of Heoju's mouth were too unexpected. Lee Sungmin's jaw was threatening to drop straight to the floor in shock.

"You don't mean... THE Dragon Heart?"

[That's how they call it these days, I guess.]

Heoju tried to brush it off as if it were insignificant, but there was an indescribable sense of pride in his tone. Who wouldn't be prideful if they had this? The heart of the dragon was one of the most rare treasures in this world. It wasn't easy to meet dragons in this era. Even if one somehow did, it was absolutely impossible to kill one, let alone extract the heart in maintainable conditions.

[In the days when this old man was in high spirits? Those little lizards were nothing but play toys! Hahaha!]

Heoju beamed in a joyous tone, obviously overexaggerating how difficult it would be to kill a dragon, even if it were him in his prime.

[If you get on their back and snap their wings, they'll scream for help! HAHAH! Just like that!]

Heoju continued his nonsensical story and Lee Sungmin ignored him. He reached his hand out to the dragon's heart once more and then Heoju snapped back to attention.

[Wait!]

"What?"

[Don't just take it out. The dragon's heart is a tricky fellow, if exposed to the outside world, it will immediately crumble and disappear.]

"Then why did you put it here?"

[I put it in as a trophy.]

"Why would you do that if you can't even use it?"

[What did I just say? It's a TROPHY. Of course I wouldn't actually need it.]

"I need it."

[Trying to get rid of your prize already? But... you can't use it right now, so keep it in the box. I'll know how to fix the problem if we can find a good wizard later.], Lee Sungmin listened to Heoju's words.

He then closed the lid of the box containing the dragon heart. He didn't even know how to properly handle a dragon heart in the first place. Lee Sungmin decided to keep it for now, and then ask Neville what to do next.

[Come on, open the other boxes too. There's a lot of good stuff.], Heoju said excitedly.

Lee Sungmin approached another box. The box was full of blinding gold coins. Lee Sungmin lifted up one of the gold coins. The currency used in Eria is 'Erne'. Erne is a coin, not a gold coin, and is also used as a banknote or check.

[It's not the same worth as paper money. You'll be able to buy a single city with the gold in the box.]

Lee Sungmin normally wasn't moved by money, however he had been living like a homeless person for a while now, and didn't try to make any money on the side because he was always busy. He would always spend his money immediately through Erebrisa when he did because of his goals. This was something he actually had a desperate need for, and he had gained a lot of it.

The next opened box contained all kinds of jewels. The value of a single gem alone would be several times more than the box of gold coins just now. Lee Sungmin also put the box in a spatial pocket with a pleased expression.

He continued to open more boxes and they were like the other 2 boxes he had opened. More gold coins and gems. It was enough to make someone faint, but Lee Sungmin was just pleased with one box, this much would just make him feel dull. Nevertheless he collected the gems and coins because he never knew when a rainy day would come.