Chapter 50 - Encounter

That day, Sungmin practiced his spear techniques in his backyard and only returned to his house late at night. Although it was a little dusty since it wasn't cleaned, there were no problems after he cleaned it up.

There was a kitchen, but he didn't make food. He had food in his inter-spatial pocket. After eating, he started circulating the Purple Cloud Divine Art.

Entering the world of cultivation, Sungmin naturally remembered back to the fight with the ogre. This was his first fight as a peak-level expert ever since he climbed down from the mountain, no, across all of his two lives.

(T/N: The power levels in Korean wuxia tend to go from 3rd rate(三流) – 2nd rate(二流) – 1st rate(一流)– Peak(絶頂) (MC's current level) – Exceed(超絶頂). If you don't like that last one, I'm open to suggestions.)

He felt many things. He even felt weird. The biggest problem was his proficiency. The three years in the mountain made his body 'used to' all the restraints. Thanks to that, the lack of prohibitions made him feel incongruent, and he felt yet again incompatible due to the difference from the time when he was not a peak-level expert.

He had to get used to this.

There were a lot of problems. His body right now was very unbalanced. When he lived in the mountains, he tried to balance nutrition as much as possible, but the prohibition of taste made all meals taste horrific. Thanks to that, the number of his meals decreased.

It wasn't just his meals. He couldn't sleep for a long time nor could he sleep deeply. That went on for two years. With the prohibitions on his smell, hearing, and sight, those three senses didn't develop well either. Only the sense of touch was indiscriminately developed.

There weren't only disadvantages though. By sealing other senses, a sense that didn't exist developed within him.

The sixth sense.

This existed as a skill inside his status window as well.

-Sixth sense.

You can sense what you cannot see with your eyes; cannot hear with your ears; and cannot smell through your nose.

The passive skill, sixth sense, had a vague explanation as all passive skills did. However, what he was feeling was very real. Although his senses were vague just as the description was, the sixth sense did exist.

'But I cannot rely on sixth sense and touch alone.'

There was a need to train in the other senses. He didn't have to go as far as to 'train' them, but he at least had to set the unbalance between the senses right.

Purple Cloud Divine Art was maintained and his qi kept circulating. He breathed in regular intervals and as he did so, his thoughts started fading. He drove his consciousness to sleep in a state of thoughtlessness. The reason he was able to hold on to his impoverished psyche was thanks to mind-cleaning magic and the Purple Cloud Divine Art.

The next day.

Lee Sungmin headed to the mercenary guild in the early morning. He thought that his rank tile would be out since a day had passed. He was planning to receive the rank tile, and check on any quests he could get from the mercenary guild.

The Behengerr mercenary guild was crowded early in the morning. It was thanks to the mercenaries that had come for breakfast, or due to some of them drinking overnight. When Sungmin entered through the door, the mercenaries' commotion suddenly died down. They watched as Sungmin walked in, before starting to whisper amongst themselves.

Sungmin had become a famous person in the Behengerr mercenary guild. He projected sword qi the day he joined, exterminated an ogre chimera, and showed that he was more powerful than an S-rank. Moreover, he was still 18 years old, so it was natural for them to take interest in him.