Chapter 166 - Remnants (4)

The Monster's movements were not quick, if one were to be completely honest. However, Lee Sungmin was unable to move freely. The vestige of fear in the form of Heoju gave off a tingling feeling to Lee Sungmin inside his dantian.

[What's wrong? Are you overwhelmed because this old man's power is so strong?], Heoju grinned as he spoke in a sarcastic tone to Lee Sungmin.

Lee Sungmin ignored the sarcastic remark from Heoju. The monster of immortality, as some called it, was really just Heoju's vestige remnant that was formed from his collected fear. Against such a foe, the power of the real Heoju stuck within Lee Sungmin's dantian boiled with excitement against the opponent.

[That's just a mere copycat of this old man. Nothing more, nothing less. However it's quite sad to see that Henemy was killed by such a piece of trash copycat.], Heoju muttered in disappointment looking at Henemy's corpse strewn out across the ground.

The result might have been different if the King of Beasts' heart hadn't been pulled out by Kumiho, but Henemy, while they met briefly, was too weak. Even if the opponent was only a remnant of Heoju's vestige, it was on its home turf and the pure quantity of fear collected could not be underestimated.

'Compared to Amzone...', Lee Sungmin thought to himself.

Lee Sungmin pushed his strength into his hand holding the spear. The strongest fight Lee Sungmin had fought till now was against Amzone, one of the Six Divinites, from Beyond the Heavens. Had Amzone tried to kill Lee Sungmin from the start of the battle and not have been careless from pride, he wouldn't have even lasted 10 seconds against him.

So what about now? Since he now had the 3 forces of energy inside his dantian, along with the massive qualitative and quantitative changes from the ginseng and poisons. How would he fare?

He didn't know. In the fight against Amzone, who was well into the transcendent realm, Lee Sungmin had learned quite a bit. It wasn't so much that the flow of energy or amount of it was the important thing in those kinds of fights. It was rather the techniques, how well you used them, and your mentality throughout the fight.

[It's coming.], Heoju spoke as he heard the footsteps of the remnant speed up.

Once it started to pick up speed, it charged forward like a rampaging juggernaut.

Gwang!

The ground started to shake and crumble from the force emitted by the monster remnant. A violent red energy enveloped the monster completely and made it look, to one spectating from afar, as if a giant raging bull was burning on fire running at something.

Bad-ang!

Lee Sungmin stabbed forward with the spear muttering his auxiliary spells beforehand. Was the monster being pushed back? Was it holding its ground? It was neither. The moment Lee Sungmin stabbed forwards, the force against the spear dispersed. But the forceful energy wasn't the only thing that disappeared. Lee Sungmin couldn't see the body of the monster as it disappeared.

An illusion? No, it wasn't like that because Lee Sungmin would have felt it if so. Because of it, Lee Sungmin felt slightly embarrassed, seeing that the monster completely escaped his senses.

[He is a monster you fool! Don't slack off!], Heoju spat out quickly.

Immediately there was a sudden explosion of presence as Lee Sungmin felt the power of Heoju's fear remnant reappear.

Thwack!

Without looking back, Lee Sungmin swung the spear in his hand and made a full arc unleashing the Nine Heavenly Spears techniques along with the sinister yokai power from his dantian together.