Chapter 187 - Madness (2)

Arbeth did not know that Kim Jonghyun's spell was being aimed at him. It was partly because Arbeth had already turned into a spiritual body, leaving behind his possessed corpse on the ground as he turned into the black mist. However, not only that, but Kim Jonghyun was a very secretive man by nature.

Kim Jonghyun had been aiming for this moment ever since he entered the Predator and met Arbeth.

He had been following Arbeth with a subservient attitude up till now.

Simply put, he was lucky right at this moment. If Arbeth hadn't performed the soul-switching magic, he would have to wait a seriously long time to wait for the right opportunity.

'I really am quite lucky.', Kim Jonghyun thought to himself.

The situation was in total favor of Kim Jonghyun at this moment and nobody knew it but him. The intervention of Envirus and Lee Sungmin had forced Arbeth into a corner, and in a dangerous situation for the Arch Lich, forcing him to reveal his cards early and giving an opportunity for Kim Jonghyun.

It was as if all the circumstances were flowing in the right direction just for this moment.

Kim Jonghyun burst into laughter as he thought of this flow of fate.

Kim Jonghyun was different from your ordinary Dark Wizard. Lee Sungmin was also a person who knew of this, as Dark Wizards are forced to enter a contract with a demonic being from an alternate dimension, selling their souls. However, Kim Jonghyun's contractor had disappeared suddenly and he had regained his soul.

When he regained his soul that had traversed dimensions with his former contractor, it also gave him the power to see people's souls. And... his hidden card he had kept a secret to everybody. He also had the power of the demon that disappeared.

He couldn't use it freely. Even though he was part of the organization, Predator, which was an organization for monsters, he was still a human and a human's body could not feely wield the demonic power. His soul could suffer irreparable damage if he was rash.

But there was too much to gain right now, thus being worth the risk.

Pao-ang

A black light started to shine from Kim Jonghyun's fingertips. Arbeth, who turned into a soul form and was headed for Aine's body, belatedly realized the sudden spell was aiming for him, as the eerie black light flashed towards him.

'THAT BASTARD! IT'S... BETRAYAL!', Arbeth screamed to himself in his mind as the light came at him.

Arbeths soul started to churn and the tension started. No matter how he wanted to avoid this and kill Kim Jonghyun, he couldn't as he was in a helpless and defenseless state right now.

But that didn't mean he would just let himself be destroyed right here. Arbeth tried to block the light that Kim Jonghyun fired by swelling his mana around his spiritual body and focused it around himself like an armor.

However, Kim Jonghyun's spell right passed through Arbeth's coated mana. It didn't even leave a mark of penetration, it simply passed right through it and hit his soul directly.

Arbeth's soul form shrieked in horror as he was hit hard.

[Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!], he screeched.

The spiritual body of Arbeth's, pierced by the eerie spell, trembled. Kim Jonghyun's light spell was almost a tailor-made spell for this situation.

Every Dark Sorcerer was soul-bound to their demonic contractors. Although Kim Jonghyun's demon was by no means a high ranking demon and could only use a small ounce of its power, it was fatal to Arbeth who was in a defenseless soul form, and the demon's powers dealt directly with souls.