Chapter 66 - Kin

"Hmm."

Nevel received the martial arts manuals from Sungmin and flipped through them.

"Arts of the Shaolin Temple. Hundred Steps Divine Fist, Bodhidharma Cultivation Art, Arhat Movement Art... they can't be called peerless arts, but they are definitely valuable."
"How much can I get from selling them?"
"I don't recommend selling them."

Sungmin's eyes widened at Nevel's words.

"They can't be sold?"
"No, it's not that. We buy all the things that our customers want. Even if it doesn't sell well. However, in those cases, we offer market price..."

Saying that, Nevel smiled bitterly.

"There's a lot of Shaolin arts on the market, especially in cases of the Hundred Steps Divine Art, Bodhidharma Cultivation ARt, and Arhat Movement art. There's too much stock. We sell our purchases through merchant guilds or the black market.
But... As the Shaolin Temple is a famous sect, there is a lot of stock for their martial arts. If you so wish, I will buy them, but it will be hard to get their proper price."
"It's that bad?"
"It's the Shaolin after all. Oh... if it's alright with you, may I know where you got these from?"
"...Do I have to?"
"I am your exclusive mediator, sir Lee Sungmin. Regardless of how you got your hands on these arts, I will not tell that fact to anyone. The reason I'm asking is because my advice to you will change according to where these arts are from."

Sungmin thought about it when he heard that. He didn't need to be worried though. In the first place, the circumstances on his acquisition of those arts was purely circumstantial, and it wasn't like Sungmin killed Xeon for those arts.

"...The original owner of these manuals died, and I was able to find these while collecting his body."
"Then I advise you to take them back to the Shaolin Temple."

Said Nevel.

"The Shaolin Temple is a well-known righteous sect. Even amongst the ten righteous factions known as the nine sects and one band, their will to uphold justice is particularly strong. They are a traditional buddhist sect, so they are far from malicious deeds. If you bring these manuals back to the Shaolin, they will compensate you even if it's for their face."
"What kind of compensation?"
"With these, they will probably give you a Lesser Restoration Pill. A Greater Restoration Pill is stretching it. As you will be making ties with the Shaolin, it won't be bad at all. And also, honestly speaking... even if we buy these manuals from you, it will not be enough to buy a Lesser Restoration Pill."

Sungmin was slightly disappointed at Nevel's reply. Three manuals, and they weren't enough to buy a single Lesser Restoration Pill.

'...Where was the Shaolin Temple again?'

Sungmin combed through his memories. The nine sects and one band had branches in various places, but they all had a main mountain. The main mountain of the Shaolin Temple was located in a quite far away city called 'Brethun.'

'Brethun is quite close to Drimoor. ...I should go to Brethun and head to Drimoor from there.'

it seemed that going to the main sect rather than the branch sect was better if he was going to return those manuals. Deciding on what to do with the manuals, Sungmin asked just in case.

"Is there perhaps, someone with a twisted karma like me amongst the members of Erebrisa?"

Originally, someone with Sungmin's capabilities had no right to become a member of Erebrisa. He was told that he wasn't qualified even at the peak-level, so it implied that becoming a member of Erebrisa required someone to be at the exceed-level at minimum. In terms of mages, it would be the archmage-level.