Chapter 169 - Remnants (3)

Before leaving the forest completely, Lee Sungmin called Selgerus through Neville. When Selgerus saw Lee Sungmin, she took no time to yell and complain at him. Seeing that every time he called her, it would be because he had problems with his equipment.

"Please tell me your spear isn't broken again?! I remade it with a whole ore of orchicalcum!", Selgerus cried out in vain.

At the sight, Lee Sungmin shook his head and smiled bitterly.

"It's not broken, it's fine.", Lee Sungmin said coolly.

"Then what is it? Is the magic armor the problem?", Selgerus quipped at Lee Sungmin skeptically.

"No, I just wanted to ask if I could commission on a new product.", Lee Sungmin replied.

"......how long have you been repairing your spear and armor? There's no better material than orchicalcum. So it would reduce the quality of the spear if you repaired it half-assedly.", Selgerus said, not taking her attention away from the spear and it's armor counterpart.

She was sullen because, even though she had the title of a Meister, as a blacksmith, it was rare to have experience working with orchicalcum. Lee Sungmin reached into the spatial pocket and pulled out a box. It was a box he had received from Heoju's legacies.

"What is that? You're not asking me to make something out of that box, are you?", Selgerus looked at Lee Sungmin like he was an idiot.

She had thought he wanted her to make something out of a shabby box. Lee Sungmin remained silent and smiled whole-heartedly. He opened up the box slowly for Selgerus to see the contents inside the box. Inside were the set of scales and bones from a dragon Heoju had slain. They gave off a subtle but brilliant and undeniable golden hue.

Selgerus tilted her head and took a look at the contents. She blinked her eyes repeatedly in confusion.

"......what is it?", Lee Sungmin asked her as she looked blankly at the materials.

Selgerus couldn't make heads or tails out of the scales and bones. She assumed they were relatively high-quality from first impressions but didn't really quite know what she was looking at. However... It was not the same for Neville.

Neville's jaw dropped and his eyes widened in disbelief. He then puckered up his lips and regained his wits and struggled to ask a question to Lee Sungmin.

[No way... are those possibly the bones and scales of a dragon?], Neville asked in a quivering voice as he stuttered to speak properly.

"Yes.", Lee Sungmin and replied with a nod to Neville.

Then, Selgerus' expression changed. She didn't express her emotions of disbelief in such a wild and visible manner like Neville as she was a meister and dealt with several interesting materials. But regardless, she scurried closer to the box like a squirrel and peeked once more at the contents.

"No way.", she spat out in a trembling voice.

"A dragon's bones and scales? Oh my god... No, that can't be possible! You... ...have you hunted dragons?", she exclaimed in surprise trying to hide her shock.

"No, I didn't hunt one aha... I just got lucky.", Lee Sungmin said sheepishly, scratching his head.

"Such... ...how on earth do you have to be lucky to get the bones and scales of a dragon? Did you come across a dead corpse of one? Or did you rob someone for this?!", Selegerus continued to question Lee Sungmin in disbelief.

Neville was feeling the same, as he did not know how much luck one person would need to attain the contents inside the box. Neville glanced at the box, moved his hand, and opened the auction window of Erebrisa.