Chapter 193 - Madness (8)

Lee Sungmin started to awaken from his blurred consciousness. He could feel the energy of a Dark Wizard moving about and leaving the premises.

The Wizard didn't leave alone and took the child known as Aine, with him.

Lee Sungmin, who was crouched up, had heavy breaths and could sense the aura of the two presences leaving.

Why didn't the attack Lee Sungmin who was left defenseless? Lee Sungmin felt doubtful at first if the Wizard was truly leaving and not scheming to take him out later, but soon felt relief when the two of them had departed for good.

He never thought that he would feel this sort of pain after consuming the Dragon's Heart.

Until now, Lee Sungmin had taken various pills and elixirs, and each time, he absorbed the power without any major problems thanks to his black heart.

This time however, the experience was vastly different than his prior experiences. He felt all of his limbs aching and protesting to function properly; he couldn't move an inch from his position without severe pain.

He remembered the warning from Envirus. The warning that if his vessel could not contain the pure energy from the Dragon Heart, he would explode and die on the spot.

However, it did not happen.

As time went by, the pain became bearable and his internal circuitry started to circulate his internal energy to a point where he could move again.

When the pain became weak enough, Lee Sungmin raised himself up. Trusting in the black heart, it seemed to do the job as expected.

'No.'

Lee Sungmin, who raised his body, examined his condition with a perplexed face.

It was because he couldn't feel a significant change within himself like when he absorbed elixirs or pills before. But... he must have absorbed the dragon heart.

He felt a lot of power when he first absorbed the initial parts of it.

But now?

He couldn't feel anything. Lee Sungmin double-checked the rhythm and flow of his inner circuitry, but could not feel the magical energy of Dragon Heart.

What on earth was wrong? Heoju spoke to Lee Sungmin, who was embarrassed.

[It's too much power for any kind of human to handle.]

Heoju himself was not sure, so his voice did not contain the usual confidence it normally had.

'I've definitely absorbed it though.'

[I don't know too much about this either. Even I have never consumed a Dragon's heart.... are you sure there's nothing different within yourself? Maybe there's something else you haven't checked.]

'Do you think the Queen of the Spirits pulled any tricks?'

[Maybe, Maybe not. But you definitely have consumed the Dragon Heart. That much is certain.]

What was the point of even consuming it then? There were no changes he could even notice. Just in case, Lee Sungmin traced back his memories and thoughts to the very moment he consumed the liquidated form of the Dragon Heart, but he could not feel a shred of additional power within himself.

He then thought about the child known as 'Aine'.

She had acquired all kinds of knowledge including several martial arts techniques by consuming the hearts of other organisms through the 'predation' trait of the Black Heart. Thinking of that fact, Lee Sungmin tried to focus if there was any new knowledge imported into his brain, but nothing of the sort came to mind.