Chapter 181 - Mayhem/Riot (5)

The ground and buildings around Frescan shook as he was moving towards the two intruders and Frescan could feel the very air around him vibrating violently.

He tilted his head in confusion, it was then.

Qar-aaaaanggggg!

A huge purple storm swept through the area to his right.

Frescan hurriedly formed a barrier and wrapped himself in his mana to protect him, but the storm crushed Frescan's barrier immediately and threw him backwards in shock.

"What, what... ...?!", Frescan shuddered as he staggered to get up.

Nothing was left in the place where the purple storm had passed.

Frescan's expression stiffened on the spot, thinking something was clearly amiss. He turned his gaze towards the direction in which the tremor had begun, where the storm had originated from.

"What... you call this a rat......?!", Frescan stammered, his shoulders trembling.

The level of power that just passed by him was by no means at the level of a so-called 'rat'.

Frescan was stuck in his head debating whether to go or not.

But in reality, there was no choice for him. Even if the person who wielded that power was able to destroy Frescan on the spot, he would never truly die, as his life vessel was hidden far from here.

But not Arbeth.

Arbeth's powerful black magic assimilated the existence of Frescan's Life Vessel and dissipated his spirit itself.

It was fatal for all beings, but a hopeless attack on Lich, who believed in endless invincibility and immortality.

That's why Frescan couldn't refuse Arbeth's orders.

He became a Lich to further achieve his dreams and pursuit in the pinnacle of magic, but he could not face death before achieving them.

Frescan was irritated and gloomy as he approached the direction of the attack.

He felt that the loss of his Lich's body here would be better than eternal death.

The severed and dismembered ghouls corpses lay strewn around Lee Sungmin and Envirus, but it was not the end.

Their numbers were endless because of the amount of people that died in the square that previously lived here.

It was cruel. Monsters and humans alike came out to enjoy the night atmosphere in the city square, only to die and be revived as brainless undead from black magic.

"I'm sorry to say this, but they are already dead. There's no way we can save them even if we mourn them. We have to kill them all if we want their souls to rest.", Envirus spoke solemnly as he lifted his wand that was emitting a bright light.

The emitted light from Envirus' wand simply did not make the ghouls stray away from him, as the surroundings near him were spotless compared to Lee Sungmin. It was that the Light magic disintegrated the corpses into ash before they could even approach him.

When Lee Sungmin entrusted the treatment to handle the ghouls properly and rest their souls to Envirus, he recalled the spear technique he used with the yokai powers assimilated into them that he used not too long ago.

Lee Sungmin was reaching new heights with this power, ones he had never achieved before, even if he reached transcendence in the trial from Denir, this power was something in its own league. However, he could still not fully control it.