4

ij0786
Shameep
ictFiction
fantasytales9
nikitha_143
karishmita
meghasrinivasan
Ash2029

Thank you for commenting for the last chapter 💖

.
.

'Oh the kindergarden's class teacher is here!' Yuvi teased Mahi Bhai who entered his room, quite exhausted that night.

'It really looks like they are kids. You should have seen the way they were fighting to open the door. Anyways, I've punished them. I hope it brings a change in them.' he perched on the edge of the bed.

'But I wonder what's wrong with them? Is it because they were captains of rival teams?' pondered yuvi.

'I don't know yuvi but I don't like the way it is. It's gonna affect their game for sure when they are hell-bent on hating each other.'

'They are still youngsters. Give them a bit of time, they'll be alright. Now if you let them leave your mind and give your bestie a bit of attention it's gonna be good.' Yuvi got up from his chair and joined Mahi on the bed to continue watching the series they were obsessed with ( well yuvi is and Mahi was forced to)

The next morning:

'Are you dead?' Ro woke up with a jolt, courtesy to the loud yelling of Vi in his ears.

'What's your problem?' he grumbled as he stifled a yawn.

'We need to be in the ground in ten minutes while you are sleeping like a dead body.'

'Firstly, dead bodies don't sleep, they just die. And you could have woken me softly as well.' he stretched his arms lazily as he got out of the bed.

'I did try doing it, but like I said, you were sleeping like a dead body. Now, I don't wanna waste my time in fighting with me, let's go.' Vi said and Ro splashed a mug full of cold water on his face to let go of his sleepiness.

As soon as they went down and opened the main door, a gust of cold wind welcomed them.

'It's so cold here.' Ro shivered.

'Should we just go back?' Vi suggested. 

'Maybe, I guess he didn't know how cold it would be in the morning and that's why he asked to run. He'd definitely not want us to be out at this time.' Ro said.

They decided to head back and turned back.

'Excuse me, where are you going?' a voice stopped them and they turned to see the watchman standing behind them.

'It's so cold.' stated Ro, hoping that would allow them to go back.

'I can feel that.  But you have to come to the ground or I'll inform sir about it.' he threatened. 

'No, don't do that. We'll start the laps. ' Vi said, defeatedly.

'If I die, know that you are responsible.' Ro told Vi.

'Same goes to you as well.'

They might have forgotten to fight for a while, but they were right back at it as they began their punishment.  And it did divert their minds from the cold.

By the time they were done, and sighed with relaxment, they saw their seniors begin their practice.

Ro checked his watch and wailed, 'Oh my god it's 7:50 already. We need to be back by 8:00 am.'

Vi groaned loudly and collapsed onto the ground and closed his eyes, breathing heavily.

'Uncle can you get me a bottle of water?' Ro asked the watchman and for the first time he agreed to what they asked for.

Ro gulped down almost half of the botter and offered the rest to Vi, who was still laying down.

Vi took it immediately as if he was waiting to be offered.

'Did you guys complete your laps?' they immediately stood up  seeing their captain.

'What do you think, looking at us?' Vi asked, looking straightly into Mahi Bhai's eyes. Ro nudged him to lower both his eyes and tone but Vi didn't budge.

'Yes sir, we did.' Ro informed, hoping for his captain to not punish them further due to Vi's behaviour.

'Good, join us for the practice now.' the captain replied harshly.

'Mahi come here.' as soon as Sachin called him, Mahi rushed to him.

'Did you see the change in his body language as soon as Sachin sir called him?' Vi pointed out.

'Yes, is he scared of him?'

'Maybe he is. I'm gonna exact revenge!' Vi huffed in anger.

'What do you mean?' Ro asked, though he had a slight idea.

'Let's cause a misunderstanding between those two. Then he will also be punished by Sachin sir and that's gonna make us even.' Vi suggested.

'Tit for tat. He should also be asked to run at 5:00 am in the morning. But he's the captain!' stated Ro.

'So? My Sachin sir is the greatest and superior over all of the rest. Didn't you see that in this guy's body language?'

'We need to keep a code name for him. What if someone hears our conversation?' Ro said.

'That's right. But what should we name him?'

'I hate snakes.' Ro said.

'And pink is my least favourite colour.' Vi said.

'Pink snake!' they exclaimed in joy for coming up with a name so fast, oblivious to how lame it was.

'We need to exact revenge on PS!' stated Vi.

'PS?' asked a clueless Ro. 

'Acronym for pink snake.'

'Ok, ok got it. We meet to exact revenge on PS.' Ro repeated.

'You two are the new lads! I wanted to meet you yesterday but I couldn't. We'll catch up over lunch today, after practice.' Sachin has said as he walked over to them the minute he spotted them.

'Sure Sir.' Vi said.

'Firstly, we don't call each other sirs here. Call me like the rest.' he placed his hand on Vi's shoulder and smiled warmly.

'You are my idol, my inspiration, the reason I began loving cricket. I might actually fall-' Vi trailed off and actually fell on the ground with a thud.

'Drama Queen' Ro rolled his eyes at what he saw except that Vi didn't get up.

'Are you really unconscious or is this just to prove your statement?' he asked bending down.

And there was no response.