56

As soon as they had dinner, they immediately plummeted down on the bed as they were extremely tired due to the journey.

'I forgot to bring a blanket for you.' Rohit immediately ran out of the room.

As it was the first time that Virat was staying at a friend's place he felt lowkey uneasy and missed his home so much but as soon as Rohit came back, Virat forgot that he wasn't at home.

Next morning:

Virat woke up almost hanging down the bed as Rohit kept moving towards his right, leaving all the empty space on his left.

Virat tried going back to sleep but all the tossing and turning didn't help him at all.

He passed some time staring at the  ceiling and walked in the room until he started feeling hungry.

'Ugh Rohit,  wake up.' he groaned internally.

He tried waking Rohit but he was too stubborn and sleepy to pay any attention to Virat.

As Virat was on his phone he heard the door squeak as it opened. It was Rohit's dad.

'My charger is on the table. Do you mind me taking it?' he asked politely as if the house didn't belong to him.

'Not a problem uncle. Please come in.' Virat got off the bed and awkwardly stood next to him not knowing what to do.

'You will be bored if you intend to wait until he gets up. Come into the living room.'

'I'm actually trying to go back to sleep.' Virat lied and his stomach immediately growled.

'I know you are just being shy. Just come with me.' He extended his arm around Virat's shoulder and took him out with him.

'I'll freshen up and come.' Virat hoped that Rohit would wake up atleast by then.

'I'm waiting here for you to have breakfast, don't forget that.' Gurunath uncle told him as he began reading the newspaper.

Virat immediately locked the room's door from inside and began violently shaking Rohit to wake him.

'What's wrong with you?' Rohit asked him while rubbing his sleepy eyes.

'What's wrong with me? Do you realise that I'm at your place, fully awake and you are sleeping like a dead body!' Virat wanted to yell at him but refrained as he doubted if uncle was standing outside their door.

'Make yourself comfortable and consider this your house Virat. You are free to jump around or even dance around if you want. Just let me sleep. And don't worry, my parents won't eat you. I've inherited my sweetness from them.' Rohit informed him and covered himself with the blanket to get back to sleep.

'I swear to god I'm very mad at you right now. Why do you have to sleep so much?' Virat was literally fuming with anger. He wanted to kick his bestfriend and himself as well for even befriending such a sleepyhead.

With Rohit not waking up and his stomach growling violently, Virat had no other choice but to freshen up fast and join Rohit's parents.

'I've heard you love Chole bhature. I don't make it often so I don't know how it turned out. I hope you like it' purnima aunty was nervous.

'I'm sure it would be amazing. I've eaten dinner last night right. You also join us for breakfast.' Virat got up from his seat and arranged another plate for aunty and served the three of them.

'You are very well mannered. Your parents have raised you so well.' Uncle was truly impressed by him.

Seeing Virat's sad smile worried the both of them.

'Is everything alright beta?' Aunty placed her hand on his shoulder and enquired him.

'Yeah, I'm good. Let's start eating.' Virat diverted the topic and began complaining about how lazy and forgetful Rohit is.

After their breakfast was done, Virat sat on the front porch to talk to his mother and that was when Rohit finally decided to wake up.

His parents told him about Virat's sad smile and Rohit immediately face palmed himself and said, 'Why would you bring that discussion? He's sad obviously because you reminded him about his dad.'

'Why, what's wrong?' his mother asked him.

'He passed away years ago. Virat rarely doesn't think about him and you two have successfully hurt him.' Rohit was furious.

'Relax beta, we didn't know about his dad. And calm down and be your usual self.' his father told him but Rohit was worried for Virat because he knew how much Virat loved overthinking and hurting himself by recollecting all the bad memories.

He thought of numerous ways to make Virat happy while having breakfast.

'Oh finally, Sir decided to bless us with his presence.' Virat remarked sarcastically seeing Rohit while he was relieved that he had finally woke up.

Rohit rolled his eyes at him and continued having his breakfast in silence as his mind was occupied with something else.

'Are you alright?' Virat asked him.

'Yes, I'm. Why?'

'You didn't retort which you only do when you are low on energy or sad. So which one is it?' Virat asked sitting next to him.

'Oh my god, both of you are so concerned about eachother.' Purnima aunty was  pleasantly surprised with how much they were thinking for each other.

'We must inform Ritika that she's slowly being replaced by Virat.' Uncle chuckled.

'No one can replace Ritika, I love her so much.' Rohit immediately was embarassed with his confession.

'Aw lover boy.' how on earth can Virat leave a chance to tease him.

'Stop it now and let me eat in peace.' Rohit didn't dare to look at any of them and continued eating.