27

To all those who commented on the last chapter, thank you so much ❤️

Will tag y'all shortly.

.
.

Mahi bhai and Virat helped Rohit get into the car and drove straight to the hospital.

Rohit was taken to the X ray room while Mahi Bhai informed about the same to Jammy Bhai.

'Yeah, I'll look into it. I'll call you later.' Mahi Bhai hung up the phone and looked at Virat to talk to him, only to see him lost in trance.

'Cheeku, what's wrong?' he sat next to him and cupped his face and asked gently.

'Bhai if I wasn't so reckless, this wouldn't have happened. What if he won't be able to play the match tomorrow?' Virat asked him vulnerably.

'Cheeku, it was just an accident. Don't over think about it. It could have happened to you also.' Bhai tries explaining.

'But it didn't happen to me right. What if it's a -' he stopped midway as he saw Rohit walk out of the room.

'Did he start blaming himself again?' Rohit asked Mahi Bhai pointing at Virat, and Bhai didn't have to answer it as it was quite obvious.

'If you don't cut the crap now, I'll start looking for new company to hangout.' Rohit told him.

But then he began wondering if that would effect Virat as much as it would to him and if Virat considers him as close as he does.

'Not even in your dreams.' Virat, who was in a similar dilemma about their relation, replied uncertainly.

He then got up from his seat and helped Rohit sit. Collecting the file from him, Virat went to the medical store to buy the medicines.

'Bhai, I'm sorry. I was so reckless and wasted my opportunity.' Rohit choked on his tears despite trying to hold it with all that he had.

'No, it's nothing like that. Accidents do happen. Yes you should be more careful because our country depends on us but at this point, you will be playing to prove yourself and not to win matches for the country. You will be there soon but for now it's only for you. So don't worry about anything else but your health.' Mahi Bhai draped his arm around his shoulder and getting patted on his back to soothe him.

'It is just a normal sprain. Will take three to four days to recover.' the doctor informed along with the other precautions required and treatment.

And it was declared that Rohit wouldn't be playing the match next day and hopefully will be alright for the third T20 game.

'Even I won't play then.' Virat declared before getting down from the car and hurried inside.

'Is he mad?' Rohit couldn't believe that this guy was prepared to not play for his sake.

'Will you go talk to him? I'll have to look into the replacement and then there's a press conference as well.' Bhai told him.

Rohit , with the support of a staff person went to his roon and saw Virat laying in bed with the blanket covering him from head to toe.

'What's wrong with you?' Rohit asked him as he sat on the chair next to him.

'Nothing, I'm alright.' he murmured.

'Let me take a look then.'

There was no reply from him and Rohit's instincts told him that Virat was probably shedding a few silent tears.

'Ouch.' he faked his pain to get Virat's attention.

Virat pulled the blanket down and looked at him with worry and Rohit caught his bloodshot eyes. 

'Why are you crying? You aren't at fault, you idiot.' Rohit tried making him understand.

'I'm not an idiot.' Virat mumbled and began pulling his blanket up but Rohit stopped him.

'I am the patient here. I should be sleeping and not you. Take me to my bed.' Rohit ordered.

Virat quickly wiped his tears and got up from his bed to help Rohit.

He helped him to sleep and pulled up his blanket.

'I want some water.'

'I'm hungry now.'

'Where is my phone?'

'Switch on the fan.'

Rohit kept ordering for one or the other thing while Virat silently obeyed.

'I want to watch Tv.' Rohit said just when Virat finally went back to his bed.

'No TV. You should just sleep. Didn't you tell me earlier that you want to sleep peacefully? Do it now.' Virat told him. 

'If you won't switch it on, I'll get up and do it myself.' Rohit blackmailed him and Virat obviously got up again and switched it on.

Virat kept switching channels as Rohit wasn't satisfied with the shows being aired. After patiently handling the remote for ten minutes, Virat realised that Rohit's fingers are completely alright and that he can change channels by himself.

Rohit's phone began ringing and he silenced it immediately. It was from Ritika and he didn't want to talk about what has happened infront of Virat as he was already feeling very guilty.

'Who is it?' Virat asked suspiciously.

'Um, no one. A spam call.' he brushed it off casually.

Virat then was asked to attend the practice session.

'Jammy bhai, can I take dinner for Ro upstairs?' he asked after the practice was done and when everyone joined for dinner. 

Jammy Bhai instantly agreed and Virat served food for the both of them in a single plate and went upstairs.

By the time he went into his room, Rohit was fast asleep and Virat didn't have the heart to wake him up.  So he began watching TV on mute and waiting for Rohit to get up.

Virat finished watching a film and Rohit was still not up and this time Virat decided to wake him up.

'No, I slept just now, fifteen minutes ago. Let me sleep.' Rohit pleaded without opening his eyes.

'What do you think the time it?' Virat asked him.

'Umm 6:30 pm?'

'It's 9:30 pm.  I'm so hungry but you are sleeping like a dead body.'

'Aww, you waited to eat with me?' Rohit asked him.

'No, I wasn't hungry. That's it.' Virat lied, feeling embarrassed to accept the truth. 

'Yeah sure. Now let's eat.' Rohit grinned like an idiot cause he read Virat through his eyes.

.
.

See y'all on Tuesday.

Stay safe and happy ❤️

Also the next chapter of "Unchained melody" is ready and I'm resuming that story from today.

So kindly add it to your libraries, if you are interested ✨