34

To all those who voted and commented on the last chapter,

Thank you so much ❤️❤️
I legit thought the votes and comments will be reduced to 30's and that I must start again but you guys proved me wrong 🥹 The response is exactly as it used to be even after two months gap. And that's extremely sweet of you all❤️❤️

.
.
.

'Five minutes thirty two seconds.'

Rohit who was lost in his own world looked up upon hearing virat's voice.

'For what?' he questioned.

'For you to bite off your own fingers.' Virat replied and Rohit smiled a little as he checked his nails to realise what he had been doing the whole time.

'I'm so worried. What if I get out for a duck?' he asked Virat, who pulled a chair next to Rohit and sat down.

'Then you will score zero runs. This is not a war to worry that we'll lose our lives if we fail.' Virat preached with all the knowledge he gathered in the last two matches.

'Look I know I shouldn't get stressed and I comforted you too when you were in a similar position. I keep telling myself to calm down but the anxiety keeps kicking in.' he explained.

'Well that makes sense since you are a human being with emotions. Just-' Virat was interrupted as Rohit's phone rang. It was from ritika.

Just when Rohit was about to cut the call, Virat quickly took the phone from him.

'You should talk to her.' he said and gave the phone back to him, only after answering the call.

'I'll be outside. Join us once you finish talking to her.' Virat told him and walked out of the dressing room.

'I'm sure you've bit all your nails. What else are you doing?' ritika asked her boyfriend as soon as he greeted her over the call.

'Terribly missing my girlfriend. I wish you were here by my side today and watch me play for my country for the first time.' he immediately regretted saying it as he didn't want her to feel guilty.

'Forget what I said. I didn't mean-'

'Come outside.' she said.

'Huh, what?' he asked to confirm if he heard it right.

'Come out of the dressing room.' she repeated.

'Why?' he asked and his heart began racing due to the mere thought that she might be there outside.

'See it for yourself. Just come outside.' he tried analysing her voice to know what was happening but she gave away no hints.

'Are you here?' he asked shakily.

'Like I said already, come outside and see it for yourself.'

'Look if you are not here, I swear I won't talk to you ever.' he said, as he stood up with hesitation.

She asked him to check it by himself and hung up. He wiped his hands which began sweating due to what he just heard, to his pant and nervously walked towards the door.

His eyes sparkled with anticipation as he reached the door while his heart pounded, praying to not get disappointed.

He looked around and she wasn't there.

'She might be pranking me.' he told himself dejectedly and just when he turned around, he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his shoulder.

He didn't need even a single second to recognise whose touch it was even if he doesn't see.

His girlfriend was hugging him and he was just too overwhelmed to even be in his right senses.

'SURPRISEE!' she squealed with joy as her plan succeeded while Rohit was numb to properly register what was happening.

'Mr. Rohit, atleast hug me properly.' she snapped her fingers to gain his attention.

'How did this happen?' he asked as he cupped her face in his palms and planted a kiss on her forehead.

'Oh, you are welcome.' both of them disengaged from the hug and saw Virat walking in from the back door with a smile as bright as the sun.

'You did this?' Rohit asked, who was on the verge of tears with all kinds of emotions.

'Idea was mine but the credit must be given to our seniors who immediately agreed to me and made the arrangements.' he said.

'Is this the surprise they were talking about?' Rohit asked, as he wrapped his arm sidewardly over ritika's shoulder whose hand made its way to his waist.

'No, that was another plan. Even I wasn't aware of it until Sachin pa spilled the beans. This was my plan.' he said.

'So you know the reason she was calling for when you say next to me?'

'Yes I did, but I wanted to be the first one to comfort you so I came to talk to you. Anyways you guys have your space. We still have fourty five minutes for the toss.' he said and began walking away. He suddenly spun around to face ritika and said, 'Will be looking forward to hang out with you after the match.'

'Yeah, me too.' she replied with a shy smile.

'Where are those who arranged for all this?" Rohit asked him about his seniors who didn't even come to greet his girlfriend.

'Since she's shy like you, they didn't want to overwhelm her the very moment she comes and they wanted to let you guys have some space.' he replied and walked away.

'They did greet me outside though.' ritika assured her boyfriend that she recieved a warm welcome.

'I can't imagine they'd do such a thing for me. Also Virat, he's the best ever.' he said sincerely.

'Didn't you hate him so much until a few days ago?' she teased him.

'Then I didn't know him that's why I got fooled by his aggressive appearance. But once I started knowing him, it didn't take much long to start liking him.' he stated while caressing her hair.

'That sounds very romantic. Should I be afraid?' she chucked and suddenly Rohit was reminded about what Sachin pa told him about sakshi and yuvi pa.

He began wondering if Virat is to him what yuvi pa was to Mahi Bhai.

'I mean we are just friends. Anyways let's talk about you.' he said, wanting to know every single detail about his lady love's life.

He loved when she spoke about very random things from her life because then it would be convenient for him to get lost in admiring her while not worrying about missing out the important details from her life.

'Stop eavesdropping and give them privacy.' Mahi Bhai had to literally drag away Virat with him from the window.

.
.
.

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

I do have a few things planned for the story. But I'd be glad to hear from y'all about what you want to read about.

So please comment here or DM me if you have any suggestions.

Stay safe and happy ❤️