15

Missed me?
Missed this story?

Well, I missed you guys and the story as well, so I'll assume that it's mutual 😌

Shameep
fantasytales9
ictFiction
AryaKrishna758
karishmita
Flora20518
ij0786
DilSeRe_
Preciousprincess_05
nikitha_143
rohirat_addicted
07forlife
Chandrika9

Thank you so much for commenting on the last chapter 🫶

100+ comments again and now I'm scared if this chapter is good enough or not! 

Happy reading 🤍
.
.

'You can't sleep already! Let's watch something.' Vi pulled away the blanket from Ro and dragged him to the couch from the bed.

'No, it's time to sleep. I should -' the rest of his sentence got lost in the loud yawn that left his mouth. He simply walked back to his bed and laid down again.

He pulled up his blanket staring at Vi, trying to match his intensity with his sleepy eyes.

'Oh come on, you aren't a five year old kid, are you? It's illegal to sleep before 11!' Vi whined, this time shoving the blanket onto the floor, out of reach.

'Who knows? Maybe one day you'll start sleeping at 9:45.' Ro laid back on the bed, deciding that with or without the blanket, he will sleep.

'That will never happen. GET UP!' he yelled in Ro's ears who got startled.

'Wake up!' Vi held his hands firmly and began shaking him, not giving up at all.

'Fine, I'm getting up.' Ro accepted his defeat and got up from the bed upon realising that Vi wouldn't stop pestering him until he got up.

'Where is Mahi Bhai?' he asked upon not finding him.

'Um, he was here until now.' Vi stated cluelessly, turning his head in all directions to spot him.

'He must have left, unable to bear your drama. Go get him.' Ro ordered, silently praying for Vi to leave the room so that he can take a small nap until he comes back. It wouldn't be wrong to assume that he prayed for bhai to get lost for an hour or so which would require Vi to search for him, giving Ro the time to sleep peacefully.

'So that you can sleep?' Vi raised his brows, to Ro's statement.

'No!' Ro shook his head violently, trying to convince Vi that it wasn't true at all. As he observed Vi remaining unconvinced he said, ' Fine I'll go and search.' and walked out of the room wondering if he was that predictable or if Virat is just good at reading people.

Before he even reached the elevator, Mahi Bhai walked out of his room with a bunch of snacks in his hands.

'Bhai, where did you disappear suddenly?' Ro asked as he walked to him to take the bag from his hands.

'Well I did actually inform you two, but you guys were too busy.' he replied nonchalantly.

'Wow so many snacks, we can binge watch an entire series while binge eating these.' Vi was visibly so excited. He took them from Ro's hand and began examining what all Mahi Bhai had brought.

'If you are done drooling by looking at the snacks, we can start watching something.' Ro said dryly, staring at him. 

'No, we won't search for it. We'll choose one randomly.' Vi said.

'What if if sucks?' Ro asked.

'You suck at times too, am I not tolerating you?'  Vi wanted to say, but remembered that they were friends and he should probably not be mean.

'We'll then change it.' he said instead.

'Whatever. But we need to start quick, so that we'll get enough sleep to wake up before practice tomorrow.' Bhai said.

And the film that has been randomly picked was "Evil dead"

Vi was almost about to say that they'd give it another try but then they'll know that he's scared of ghosts, so he kept his mouth shut.

Ro prayed for anything to happen like the wifi not working well, a power cut or even some ball coming from the window and hitting the TV breaking it's screen. Anything worked for him that meant that they won't be watching a horror film. But ofcourse he didn't want to be made fun of, so just like his friend he was silent too.

'So shall we start?' Mahi Bhai asked, taking the remote from Vi's hand.

'Yeah.' the boys replied while the fear creeped in already, even before the title card was displayed.

Mahi Bhai noticed the kids on his either side getting startled, closing their eyes as well as ears for most part of the film which put him in a fix.

Was he supposed to get concerned and stop playing the film? Or was he supposed to let them get scared and learn to say no to something that they weren't ok with?

And there was a third option too.  Maybe he could also silently enjoy seeing the sight. Or maybe do all the three.

That night it was difficult for the three of them to sleep. To a certain two, it was because even the air that touched their foot felt like the hand of the ghost from under the bed.

And to Mahi Bhai, it got quite difficult to even breathe freely with two guys who are almost six feet and weighed at least seventy kg each, clinged hardly onto him from either side.

He wanted to scratch his nose, but both his hands were "unavailable", due to the other two holding his hands with their lives as if just in case a ghost decided to drop by, Mahi Bhai's hands can be used as the ghost killer sword.

He badly wanted to ruffle their hair and plant a kiss on their foreheads, or even gently pat on their shoulders telling them to not get scared as he's with them. He didn't understand why he found their antics extremely cute which in reality were just a bunch of things occurring due to their foolishness or childishness.

'Jai Hanuman Gyan gun sagara.' he turned to his right to see Virat chanting Hanuman chalisa in his sleep while clutching bhai's t shirt tightly. He moved slightly closer to him to comfort him.

After a while when the chanting has stopped and just when he finally was about to doze off into sleep he felt Ro shivering. He freed his arm from Ro to drape it around him and murmured, 'It's alright, ghosts don't exist. I'm here, just forget it and sleep well.'

He kept doing things to comfort them
and before he could even realise it, sleep consumed Mahi Bhai.

.
.

I hope you guys liked the chapter.

See you on Friday.

Until then, stay safe and happy 🤍