58

No compulsion but if you can vote or (and) comment on the previous chapter, please do ( since both the votes and comments are near to 100 )

Thanks to each and every one of you who have voted and commented on the previous chapter ❤️

.
.

'It was really nice meeting you all.' Anushka shook hands with every one from the ICT  who were present in the event as she was about to leave.

She wondered if they in general were such amazing people or if they were going overboard with her for some reason.

'It was nice meeting you as well. Oh by the way, would you mind sharing your-' as Rohit was about to ask her number, Virat violently shut his mouth with his hand and took him aside.

'What are you intending to do Rohit?' he whispered to ensure that she can't hear them.

'I'm just asking her number. Why did you drag me aside?'

'Why do you want her number? Why are you so hellbent on setting us together? I don't believe in the process of "Finding someone attractive, dating them and then decide if it's love or something else".  I want it to happen organically and it will happen if it's meant to.'

'But-' Rohit tried explaining but Virat was not done yet.

'So kindly stop all of this and most importantly stop embarrassing me. You don't have to tell her about my sleeping positions and joke about how long I take to get ready.' Virat's face flushed as he literally begged Rohit to not ruin his reputation.

'Fine, fine.' Rohit decided to spare him from further embarassment.

Anushka bid goodbye to them and went back to her colleagues, who suddenly felt so boring and fake. She tolerated that for a while , thanks to the few real friends she has made in her field and went back home.

The boys weren't ready to let go of each other even though they were together until a few days ago and will be back to each other in probably a month or so.

Mahi Bhai who was supposed to drive back to his home the same night almost decided to stay back with his teammates and would have gladly gone by his plan if not for Sakshi's repeated phone calls.

Soon the ones not from Mumbai have reluctantly started their journeys back home and Rohit has decided to take Virat to his childhood ground,  Borivali.

Since it was almost midnight, there weren't anyone present in the ground except for the ground staff.

As soon as they entered inside, a visual of a young Rohit running in the ground played in Virat's mind which instantly brought a smile on his face.

Rohit excitedly narrated all the memories that he could recollect and that made Virat both happy and sad in equal intensities. He was extremely happy to know more about his bestfriend but was also sad for not being a part of it.

After spending almost two hours in there, they decided to explore Rohit's favourite food stalls and have mutually decided to hide it from their trainer.

They were at home so technically they weren't playing cricket and didn't have to follow a strict regimen.

'Mhis ib dha phest Bada bav.' though Rohit couldn't understand his words, he figured out the feeling and intensely nodded his head in agreement.
It was indeed the best Vada pav.

'Didn't I tell you that Vada pav is the best dish in the world?' Rohit said, in between bites.

'Correction- This is the best Vada pav. Vada pav is not the best dish. You should first eat Delhi's street food and then you'll find out which one's better.'

Before they could proceed arguing, a man selling candy floss on a cycle passed them and both of them were equally eager to have it.

After walking through the food stalls spanning over 1.5 kilometres, they were still enthusiastic to eat other food items but their stomachs threatened to empty themselves if any more food was swallowed so the boys decided to head back home.

'I made panner butter masala and butter naan along with chole bhature and veg pulao. Get freshened up and come fast.' Rohit's mother informed them as soon as they entered the house and they were terrified.

'Rohit, I can't eat anymore.' Virat murmued.

'And I already feel like puking.' Rohit said.

'Why can't you tell her that?'

'She asked us to bring the whole team for dinner which we failed to do. Now if we don't atleast taste all the dishes, the consequences will be worse than our stomachs exploding due to overeating.' Rohit explained.

They spent almost half an hour in their room walking to aid digestion in the name of getting freshened up. After his parents repeated knocks on the door they have gone to the living room and forcefully ate a few spoons of all the dishes cooked.

'I bought the CD of the new Shah rukh khan's film. We've finished watching it. You guys can watch it, if you are interested.' Gurunath ji offered.

'I loved the movie. It's emotional and also funny. Poor SRK had to eat even after his stomach was so full.' aunty narrated and the boys could only picture themselves in that position.

Thankfully they have finished eating and went back to their Room.

'Look even my dad is trying to set you up with her. But I hope you won't cry out of envy during the romantic scenes.' Rohit teased Virat while arranging the show.

'Shut up, I have no feelings for her.' Virat said and immediately starting evaluating in his mind about the genuinity of his statement.

By the time the film ended, both of them were in tears but Virat felt another emotion as well - extremely strong attraction to her.

By then even his mind stopped warning him about the downside of attractions as there was no use.

There's no harm in having a celebrity crush, right?

.
.

The next chapter is almost ready so should I update it now or whenever the 60th chapter is ready?

See y'all in the next chapter.

Stay safe and happy ❤️