33

Been super long since we last talked.

How are you all?

.
.

Virat and Rohit were stressed about how to sort out the issue. But as they walked into the nets they saw Mahi Bhai and Yuvi pa joking about something.

'That's why you became my friend.' Yuvi pa said, pinching his best friend's cheeks.

'Stop doing that.' Mahi Bhai freed himself and walked to bat but not before returning the affection by ruffling his hair fondly.

'They patched up already!?' the boys wondered staring at them cluelessly.

'What's wrong?' Sachin pa asked them.

'These two fought ten minutes ago and they already patched up.' Rohit stated. 

'They can't stay for much time without talking to each other. Don't worry about their flights.' Sachin pa replied casually.

'But they sounded really pissed at each other ' Virat said, unable to believe it.

Sachin pa sighed as he said, ' Once they promised to never see each other's face ever again and Yuvi had also thrown Mahi's stuff out of their room. Mahi slept with me that night. By the time I woke up the next morning he wasn't beside me. I was worried about him thinking he'll be sad and searched for him only to find him sleeping next to Yuvi on the garden bench.'

'Garden bench? That feels like a couple from a film reconciling at the end. ' Rohit spoke as some film scene flashed in his mind. 

'Well they are kinda the couple of ICT and sakshi always says that she's not afraid of girls stealing him but her brother himself.' sachin pa said while padding up for practice.

'Her brother?' asked Virat clueless.

'Yuvi.' he replied as a matter of fact.

'Are they that close?' Rohit asked as he was mentally estimating how many of his friends were really close to his girlfriend.

'Very much. You'll see that-' sachin pa bit his tongue as he was about to spill the beans.

'I now know what the surprise is!' Virat almost screamed in pride that he  figured out the surprise that he startled the other two.

'What do you think it is?' sachin pa asked, trying to act cool.

'That the families will be meeting us.'

'Oh my god, we'll have so much fun. Ritika would love to meet you Virat. But why didn't you guys tell us about it? If we wouldn't know about it then how will we inform our family members?' Rohit couldn't hold his excitement.

'Unless you are planning to not invite our family members ' added Virat.

'Why would we do that? We already talked to them-' sachin pa stopped midway as he saw Virat's frown being replaced by a mischievous grin. He then realised that he was tricked.

'Look I've got you stumped off field, and I'll repeat it on field as well.' Virat said, quite pleased with himself.

'Just don't do that when you guys play for the same team.' Rohit joked who earned a glare in return.

'I've been observing y'all for so long, what are you guys even talking about?' jammy Bhai asked them as he came out of the nets.

'Nothing, we were just discussing about the family meet up.' Virat replied nonchalantly.

Jammy Bhai gasped in horror seeing the secret bearer spill the beans.

'That's an exaggerated reaction.' sachin pa stated.

'I never thought I'd see expressions on his face.' Rohit might have said that a bit more louder than he intended to as he realised that his seniors were staring at him too.

'Idiot, didn't they teach you how to whisper in school?' Virat was annoyed, worrying about his reputation infront of his seniors.

'They might have but I was in the ground all the time so I don't know.'

'That wasn't a savage comeback at all.' Virat told him.

'Shouldn't you be talking about that? Cause you are worse at it.' Rohit retorted.

'Shouldn't I be the one to get upset here?' jammy Bhai interrupted them.

'What are you all doing here instead of practicing?' Mahi Bhai asked them in his playful captain tone.

'You know what I got to know about?' Virat asked him, wanting to show off his intelligence.

'Um that's nothing. We should all head to practice. Come on boys.' Sachin pa diverted the topic and led them to practice.

Sachin pa's eyes have never left Virat and Rohit during the entire practice session as he was worried that they'll tell the others what they found out.

Nobody would be upset with him for spilling it but will surely be disappointed, especially Mahi who was extremely looking forward to seeing the youngsters be surprised with joy by their families.

He made up his mind to not fall for their tricks ever in future and to be extremely cautious with their innocent demure.

Each time Virat or Rohit made their way to their Mahi Bhai, sachin pa was quick to rush to them to ensure they don't tell him anything.

'Don't get too stressed. It's anyways not the only surprise for them right?' jammy Bhai who was observing him all along told him.

'I am not stressed. I'm just observing how they are practicing.' sachin pa bluffed.

'Yeah that's quite evident.' remarked jammy Bhai sarcastically.

'I mean I am a bit disappointed with myself for revealing it but yeah that's not the only surprise so we can plan that more effectively.' sachin pa beamed as he thought of the second surprise.

'You two are having lunch with me today, it's been so long since we talked with each other.' his kiddo Mahi had declared as he came to his seniors upon seeing them together talking about something.

'All you have to talk is complain about me only, right?' yuvi asked.

'Partly, there are a few plannings to be done as well.' he murmured the last part as he looked around to ensure that the young lads weren't listening to them.

'Yeah, I'm so excited to meet-' yuvi, who clearly didn't understand the concept of keeping secrets was about to scream but the rest three were quick to silence him.

But that did catch Virat's and Rohit's attention who couldn't hold the excitement at all.

.
.
.

A/N: I'm extremely sorry for going MIA without informing y'all. The main reason for not updating for this long was because I didn't want my happiness to depend upon others.

Because the votes and comments have started affecting me and this story truly made me happy because there used to be almost 100 comments on every chapter. That used to make me extremely happy.

And that's when I began fearing that what if there will a decrease in the comments and how that's gonna effect me.

Then I realised that it's not a wise decision to let my emotions depend upon anyone else.

And all this overthinking made me lose interest on Wattpad and writing in general.

So that's why I didn't update till now.

While I can't make any commitments about the updates, I assure you guys that I'll make efforts to write and publish atleast one chapter (1.5k words) per week.

Please be considerate and drop some comments ( at least just emojis) if you liked the chapter.

Stay safe and happy ❤️