47

Thanks to all those who've voted on the previous chapter🫶

Special thanks to every single one you who've commented ( especially the spammers ❤️) that's very kind of you all and truly means a lot to me. Love you all💛

.
.

'I need your help.' Rohit was genuinely worried when Jaddu visited him so late in the night.

Virat wasn't there in the room as well. He'd always step out of the room every night when Rohit and  Ritika had a video call to give them privacy.

And also Rohit and Jaddu had never had a proper interaction until then so Rohit didn't really know how to respond.

'Yes, I'll definitely help you. Come inside.' he just prayed that he or anyone else weren't in any trouble.

'The thing is, Virat has become immune to my tricks. So I want your help in succeeding in pranking him.' Jaddu whispered as he kept looking at the open window.

'The door is closed and there's no one else in the room. Why are you whispering?' Rohit whispered back.

'But the window is open.' he pointed at the window.

'But it's at least fifty feet above the ground and it's practically impossible for any human to eavesdrop from there.' Rohit told him.

'Is that Virat's bed?' he asked indicating the bed next to the window and Rohit nodded in response.

'I know what to do.' Jaddu grinned as Rohit was frightened thinking if he was planning to attempt some Spiderman skills.

'Don't tell me that you're planning to frighten him from the other side of the window which like I mentioned is fifty feet from the ground.'

'You aren't aware of what I used to do in Jamnagar.'

'What's that?' Rohit asked, hearing it for the very first time.

'That's where I come from. You know, my great grandfather appeared in front of me riding a horse when I was five years old and taught me how to ride a horse.' he narrated.

'He was still alive by then? Such a healthy person.'

'No, he died seventeen years before I was born.' Jaddu told him with a serious look on his face and Rohit looked at him with an uneasy face.

Jaddu burst out laughing and said, 'I was just joking. But you know what really happened?' without waiting for any response he began narrating tales of his time in his native place which really freaked out Rohit who couldn't figure out if he was telling the truth or lying.

Rohit had a sigh of relief as Virat had come back into the room. 

'What are you two doing here?' he was surprised to see the two of them hanging out for the first time.

'I'm narrating my bravery tales.' jaddu spared him a glance for a few seconds before continuing his stories.

'Ah, your jamnagar tales! Grow up Jaddu and find something that feels true.' seeing  Virat brush it off so casually helped Rohit in calming down but it felt like a challenge to Jaddu.

Everyone was freaked by his stories, fell for his pranks, everyone except Virat and he had to do something about it.

'What are you thinking?' Virat asked Jaddu who was lost in his thoughts.

'Nothing, I should head back to my room. Ajinkya is probably alone there.' he said.

'Ajju' 'Jinks' both Virat and Rohit corrected him at the same time. And that was exactly why Jaddu was still calling him by his full name.

'Nevermind, I'm gonna come up with a name for him by myself.' he sighed and walked out of the room.

As he was engrossed in thinking of a prank against Virat he heard the seniors talk about something.

'They'll be here as soon as the ODIs end.' he heard Jammy Bhai said.

'Who?' he immediately asked.

'What?' Jammy Bhai tried acting cool.

'We were discussing about a parcel.' Sachin pa covered but Jaddu was smart enough to figure it out.

'New players?' he asked excitedly and the seniors asked him to lower his voice.

'Please don't tell this to the rest three.' jammy Bhai pleaded.

And that's when his brain lit up with an idea. He could finally prank Virat and prove that no one is immune to his pranks.

'Yeah sure Bhai, I won't tell a soul.' he said and Jammy Bhai was immediately relieved but Sachin pa doubted his intentions.

'And what do you expect in return?' Sachin pa asked him.

'I don't want anything. Why would you even think like that?' his feigned voice made him appear offended and even Sachin pa fell for it.

'Nothing, I just asked casually.' he said.

'Also jammy Bhai, do you know something? Your name is similar to my native place. Jammy and Jamnagar. ' he told him.

'Really? Where is that?' jammy Bhai asked, unaware that he had to spend the next hour (minimum) standing in the corridor, listening to his tales.

'Jaddu, you forgot your sword badge.' Virat came running into the corridor expecting him to be long gone and was surprised to see him not ten feet away from his room speaking excitedly with the seniors.

'Cut the crap Jaddu. We aren't kids.' he rolled his eyes at him.

And the seniors were very tempted to remind him of his antics but chose not to as a thank you gift for saving them from listening to his stories which were starting to creep them out.

But that only pour oil to the burning desire of Jaddu of wanting to prank him very badly.

'I'll see y'all later.' he left to his room immediately as he needed some space to come up with atleast ten prank ideas.

As he went to his room he saw Ajinkya sitting in the balcony looking into the black infinite sky and felt bad for leaving him.

'Yo Jin, I'm back.' he greeted him enthusiastically and sat on a chair next to his.

'What did you just call me?'

'Jin, it just rolled out of my mouth very spontaneously. But it's cool, isn't it?' he asked and Ajinkya wondered how many more nicknames would people come up with from his seven lettered name.

'Yeah, it's cool.' he said and Jaddu confided to him about all his ideas and the exclusive information he got from his seniors.