32

'What's wrong?' Virat asked seeing Rohit start sweating.

'Gh- Gh- Ghost.' he stammered as he pointed outside the window.

Virat immediately turned back and looked out but found nothing.

'Must have been a dog. Anyways I'm busy. You should go to sleep or watch something.' Virat went back to his position and continued watching the video.

'Come on I know the difference between a dog and a ghost.' Rohit stated, refusing to let it go.

'Shall we go down and check?' Virat asked.

'That's exactly what people do in horror films before turning up dead.' Rohit stated and shut the window and the curtains.

He lit two incense sticks and began playing Hanuman chalisa on the tv.

'Now our room is protected from the ghost. Wait shouldn't we protect Mahi bhai's room also?' he asked.

'No Rohit, there are no ghosts in real life. So just calm down.' Virat who himself was scared of ghosts was silently praying for Rohit to let go of the discussion. What if the ghost heard them talk and decided to pay them a visit?

Reluctantly Rohit agreed to that and went to bed, covering his body from head to toe with the blanket.

That night the light didn't go off in their room for obvious reasons.

The next morning:

'No, everyone is treating me extremely well, especially Virat and Mahi bhai. Virat is from Delhi, so you guys will go along, I guess.' Rohit was talking to his girlfriend on the phone while Virat was taking a shower.

'Only the two of them? I'm hurt.' he turned back to see Yuvi pa walking into the room.

'I'll talk to you later. I love you, bye.' he murmured on the phone quickly before ending it.

'No Yuvi pa, I didn't mean it that way. Actually -' he laughed nervously praying for Virat to come out of the shower soon.

'Actually what?' Yuvi pa prompted with the stern look refusing to leave his face.

'I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I was-' he began sweating profusely as he tried to find the right words.

'Calm down Ro. Do I look like a ghost to you?' Yuvi pa inched closer to him and placed his arm on Rohit's shoulder, looking at him with concern.

As much as he loved pranking people, the last thing he wanted to see was his people in plight.

'Are you ragging him?' Rohit didn't have to look at the door to see who he was. As soon as he heard that voice his stress had immediately vanished. He wanted to run to him and hide in his embrace for comfort but that would only make Yuvi pa feel bad.

'No, Mahi Bhai we were just talking.' he said instead.

'What's happening here?' Virat had quickly come out of the shower, feeling fomo hearing so many voices in the room.

'Please get dressed. I don't want any free show.' Rohit told him pointing at the clothes on his bed.

'We'll wait outside until then.' Yuvi pa said and the three of them walked out of the room. 

'The physio is gonna come and check your ankle and confirm if you'll play tomorrow or not.' Mahi Bhai told Rohit.

'But Bhai, he already said that I can play the third match right. Why check it again?' Rohit asked, covering his disappointment.

'Don't worry you'll play tomorrow. This is just a formality.' Yuvi pa assured him.

'I'm dressed now. Come inside.' Virat opened the door.

The physio had come shortly after that and began examining Rohit's ankle.

Virat's gaze was fixed to Rohit's face to check if he was hiding any pain while the physio was working on his ankle. And when he saw that not happening he was extremely elated that he'd finally get to play with his friend.

'He's fit to play tomorrow.' as soon as these words left the physio's mouth, the two youngesters immediately got up from their seats and jumped in joy in absolute sync though it was completely unplanned.

The physio looked completely unfazed with their behaviour, probably he was working for the team from a long time.

'Have you guys already forgot how he twisted his ankle?' Mahi Bhai questioned as he tried calming them down.

'Relax Mahi, let them enjoy their life.' Yuvi stopped him. 

'No, what if they get hurt again?'

'But they can't be told to not have the basic joys in life in the fear of an injury. They are still kids.'

'We as cricketers have to take care of ourselves for the sake of our country. No matter our age.' Mahi Bhai stated.

Virat and Rohit immediately stopped what they were doing , owing to the tension that was building up in the room.

'I don't want to spoil my mood by arguing now.' Yuvi pa stated and stormed out of the room.

'It's you who started it.' Mahi Bhai yelled from the room but received no response.

Both the boys were angry with themselves for being the reason they fought but were also scared to say anything.

Without saying a word, Mahi Bhai walked out of the room, intentionally in the opposite direction as that of Yuvi pa.

'Take care.' the physio smiled awkwardly and left the room.

'I never thought they'd have an argument.' Rohit stated.

'Neither did I. What shall we do now?' they stared at each other with helplessness.

After the clueless souls kept wondering for a while, their tiny minds striked with the answer.

'Sachin pa and Jammy bhai.' they screamed in unison.

They locked their room and immediately hurried to their room but it was locked as well. 

'Virat, Rohit, what are you doing here? Come to the ground.' Zak pa told them as they met in the corridor.

The boys walked with him towards the ground while signalling each  other if they can confide in him or not.

After a lot of telepathy and eye to eye conversations they decided to only talk to Sachin pa and Jammy Bhai about the issue.