55

I'm so sorry for not updating all these days. My new semester has began so I needed time to adjust to academics but that break brought me writer's block. I'm unsure if it's still there or not.

Also I have a plot ready and a/c to that this story will end in 7-8 chapters more.

⭐So tell me what you want. Should I end this story in 7-8 chapters or write more chapters of this story?

⭐How many more chapters are you expecting from this story?

⭐And what do you want to read about.

I need you all to speak out so that I'll get a clarity and write accordingly.

.
.

Days later:

The team was packing to return back to their homes. They were definitely happy as they were about to meet their families but they were sad too, as they'll have to spend a month away from their brothers.

Virat and Rohit were the saddest but they didn't know how to express it.

'Can I call you daily?' Virat wanted to ask but ruled it out after wondering if it was cringey.

'I am going to miss you.' it was at the edge of Rohit's tongue which he chose to keep to himself.

'What are you going to do at home?' virat asked him.

'Nothing special. I'll spend time with Maa till the evening until dad and brother come back home from their office. Then we'll all have dinner together and go back to our rooms.' Rohit explained his routine to him.

'I was thinking, maybe if you'll ever be free, we can stay in touch on phone.' Virat said, hesitantly.

'Yeah of course. I'd want that too. I'll call you.' Rohit was relieved that the two of them were on the same terms.

The team had their last dinner of that tour and were spending some time with the team when the captain received a message regarding some event in Mumbai two days later.

As he informed his teammates about it, Rohit had already made up his mind that Virat will be spending all the three days at his place and then go to his home.

Without even bothering to discuss about it with Virat, he cancelled his ticket and booked a fresh one for both him and Virat and shared the screenshot to Virat.

Virat, who was expecting some weird, ugly picture of him when he saw,

Rohit:
📷 Photo

was confused seeing the tickets.

'What's this?' he asked Rohit who was seated next to him.

'You are coming with me to my house.' Rohit replied calmly.

'But-'

'No ifs and buts. You are coming to my house and that's final.' Rohit immediately closed his ears and eyes to cut the conversation right there.

Virat was extremely temped to pinch his cheeks but was interrupted by his captain.

'Cheeku, Ro what's happening? Are you guys with us?' Mahi Bhai asked.

'Obviously not Mahi. What kind of a question is that?' Sachin pa teased them leaving the two of them embarassed.

'Look Virat, if you won't come I'll be compelled to ask Ajju to stay with me. So choose wisely.' Rohit threatened him, smiling internally as he knew it would work for sure.

'You are such an -'

'First stop cussing at the end of every sentence. Do you want my parents to form a bad impression on you?' Rohit questioned.

'No, definitely not. But I don't think I can come now.'

'Okay, I'll ask Ajju.'

'Fine, I'm coming. Let me talk to my mother.' Virat groaned and got up to go to his room and convince his mother.

.
.
.

'Am I looking alright?' Virat set his hair for the fourtieth time on their way to Rohit's house. 

'Superficialy yes.'

'And what's that supposed to mean?' Virat scowled as he extended his arm to hit Rohit.

'We've reached. Will you pay cash or online?' the driver said and Virat immediately took his arm back and peeped out of the window to check if someone saw him trying to hit Rohit. 

'If you are done, we'll go inside.' Rohit said, smiling at his antics. He was super worried about forming the best impression.

'Even Ritika wasn't this worried when she met my parents for the first time.' he added.

'Even I'm not worried.' Virat bluffed.

Rohit's dad had come to help them with the luggage and Virat immediately touched his feet to seek blessings while Rohit rolled his eyes.

'May the god be by your side always.' Rohit's dad blessed him and hugged him.

'Dad, don't you think you should hug me as well.' Rohit fake sulked to get some attention.

Rohit's mom came outside hurriedly and joined them.

'The stove was on, that's why the delay.' she apologised and hugged her son.

'Namaste aunty.' as Virat was bending down to touch her feet, Rohit stopped him and said, 'Were you ever this nice to me?'

'Stop pestering him.' his mother playfully hit him and embraced Virat followed by Rohit. 

'You've become so thin beta. Are you not eating?' his mom asked him.

'I am eating very healthy food. I've become more fit.' Rohit said flexing his muscles that he built in the gym recently.

'But you look so weak.' she said cupping his face.

'I'm stronger Ma.' Rohit sighed seeing her worry for no reason.

'Both of you go freshen up. We'll have dinner.' His dad told them and picked up a bag and walked inside. 

While Rohit was bathing, Virat curiously scanned his room. There was an entire cupboard filled with photo frames of him with his family. Some were put in frames while most of them were laminated.

He took pictures of Rohit's childhood photos and created a new folder on his phone.

'Must have found me so cute, right?' Rohit teased him, witnessing it.

'Yeah, even pigs will be cute as babies.' Virat stated and asked about the piles of photographs laminated.

'I would miss my family terribly as I used to stay with my grandparents as a child. So each time I'd come home I'd take all the photos I could and kept them with me.' Rohit's eyes moistened upon recollecting how lonely he would feel at times but had to stay away from them.

'And all of that payed off. India got such an amazing batsman in your form. We are extremely proud of you' Virat hugged him to make him feel better.

Rohit's mother who was about to call them for dinner was touched to see someone outside the family, who the media has begun portraying as competition to her son, love her son so much. And her heart grew larger and formed a permanent place for Virat.