36

You guys didn't expect an update this early right?

To all those who voted and commented on the previous chapter, thanks a lot❤️

Next chapter after receiving comments from 15 readers. Atleast a single comment about what you feel about the chapter or even just emojis are enough to make me happy, so please be considerate.

.
.
.
.

The Men in blue and their supporters were high on motivation and enthusiasm in the second innings which ultimately made them be on the winning side.

Virat was extremely happy to have contributed for his team as well as to be there on the ground and watch his friend play his first international match. He was a tad bit sad for not being given the chance to dismiss Gilchrist who hit the wicket himself in his very first ball.

Rohit joked about it and told the team that the next time they fear a batsman from the opponent team, Virat must spend the night before the match planning to dismiss him.

While the boys were busy making silly jokes at each other, Ritika washed her face for the millionth time somehow hoping that it would stop her tears from streaming down her face and her eyes would not give away that she was crying to anyone who saw her.

She was overwhelmed with seeing the entire stadium cheer for her boyfriend. She has seen him struggle so much. He missed his parents dearly, juggling between school and cricket tired him enormously but he never stopped dreaming.

Each time he'd talk about his dreams she would be frightened worrying about what if he wouldn't be able to make.

But then along with the tears she let go of all her fears and tensions about her boyfriend's professional life.

She realised that God would always be by his side, not just because he was  a good player but also because he was a great human being.

'Where is Ritika?' Virat asked Rohit as he could no longer hold himself. He has seen his friend talk about her every night and the happiness in his eyes made Virat understand how supportive she was.

'I don't know, I haven't -' before Rohit could finish the sentence they saw Ritika walking towards them.

'Did you cry?' was Rohit's first question.

'No-' Rohit's raised eyebrows told ritika that she can't lie to him. So she modified her reply. 'They were happy tears. I'm so proud of you.'

'You deserve it all. If not for your psychological support, I don't think I'll be here.' he embraced her leaving absolutely no space between them.

Virat cleared his throat and said, 'There are singles like me here. So if you guys can stop your pda, we'll be at peace.'

'Ritika, we couldn't talk properly earlier. Come join us for our meal.' the usual calm Mahi Bhai spoke enthusiastically.

'Yes, yes, please join us. You'll be intrigued to know what your boyfriend is up to here.' Yuvi pa jested.

'Yuvi pa, what did I even do?' asked Rohit, feigning innocence.

'You haven't made any stupid plans involving me at all.' Mahi Bhai remarked sarcastically.

'Oh, there's so much that I need to know about my boyfriend.' Ritika stated.

Mahi bhai's phone chimed with a message. He read the message in less than a second and shoved it into his pocket hastily.

'What are the arrangements for?' Virat asked.

'What arrangements?' Mahi Bhai asked as if he knew nothing about it.

'I've seen the message that you've just received.' Virat stated.

'That's such a disgusting behaviour Virat.' Rohit remarked and then added, 'But what arrangements, Bhai?'

'Oh, are our family members coming today?' Virat asked.

'Might be so. Ritika has already come. So yours might be here as well any time now.' Rohit stated, feeling like Einstein for understanding it.

'I see you guys are having a discussion without me.' Sachin pa joined them.

'Hi Ritika, I couldn't meet you before the match.' he forwarded his hand to greet her.

'My dad will be over the moon if I tell him that I shook hands with you. He's your biggest fan.' she told him excitedly.

'We are all his biggest fans.' Mahi Bhai was quick to add.

Mahi bhai's, yuvi pa's and Sachin pa's phones buzzled at the same time.

'Must be a message from your "arrangements" group. You all must be so busy.' Virat stated, trying his best not to grin or laugh.

While still not stating the trust which was an open secret, the seniors excused themselves.

'I'm so excited to meet my parents. It's been so long. But if they are set to meet me today that means they'll be traveling when the match was going on which means they would have not seen me play.' Virat frowned sadly.

'I'm sure they would have definitely watched their son play. Also I hope that you haven't bitched about me in front of them anything.'

'No I didn't. Did you?'

'Absolutely not.'

'I'm really dying to know how you two became so close. Mahi Bhai told me that he has never seen any two become bestfriends in such short time.' ritika stated.

And hearing the word "Bestfriends" made them happy and nervous at the same time.

They knew how much the other person mattered to them but they doubted if it was mutual or not. 

They looked at each other, hoping that they'd say something but all that occurred was just awkward silence.

Before it became too obvious, virat's phone rang, bringing huge relief to the both of them.

'Virat, can you please collect my parcel from the watchman. You know that we are all busy and anyhow Ritika is with Rohit.' Sachin pa spoke over the phone.

'Yeah sure pa, I'll go and get it.' Virat said and hung up the call.

'Okay guys, you're getting some alone time. Just make sure that you won't forget that this is still a public place and anyone might enter anytime.' Virat teased them and left the common room to go downstairs.

.
.

Filler kinda chapter but I need a few chapters to get back the flow again so please bear with me until then 🥹

Stay happy and healthy ✨