35

I don't even know how to apologise for promising to be back and then vanishing again. Please forgive me if you can🥹

And thank ictFiction for always motivating me but also agreeing to update a new story tomorrow for me as that's what made me write this, along with eilyywrites who's back with her Virushka story.

.

.

Mahi Bhai walked into the room cautiously so as to not see something that he wasn't supposed to.

He cleared his throat when he was a few feet away from them while his head was still turned away from them.

'We aren't in an intimate position and you can see us.' Rohit informed him while Ritika's cheeks burned with embarrassment with her boyfriend's statement.

'Ritika, I'm sorry but I really have to take your boyfriend away from you for a few hours. So-' the captain of the team informed her very hesitantly.

'Yeah ofcourse sir. That's his duty.' she immediately took a few steps back from him.

'I don't like all these sir-vir. Call me Bhai, just like your boyfriend does.'

'But if we both call you Bhai, our relation with each other becomes odd.' Rohit informed him.

'My dear Ro, enough of using your brain for this.  Can we go and play now?'

'Yes. Let's go.' as they were about to exit the room Virat walked in with a child in his arms.

'Who is she?' mahi Bhai asked him.

'She's Alice, Steve's daughter.' Virat informed him while he turned to Ritika to talk to her.

'And who's he?' Mahi Bhai asked, not satisfied with virat's answer.

Virat sighed upon being interrupted and said , 'I'll make you meet him and his entire family if you want. But we must hurry now.'

He then focussed on ritika again as he spoke, 'Ritika, this five year old is gonna keep you company till the match ends. So you're not gonna feel alone and at the same time you won't feel shy or uncomfortable talking to someone.'

It was hard to determine who melted the most for that considerate man in that moment.

'That's extremely thoughtful and kind of you, Ro is right.' Ritika told him as Virat lowered alice.

Rohit immediately signalled Ritika to stop but it was out of his hand already.

'Oh really? Seems like he praises me a lot.' Virat grinned as he decided to enjoy the view of an embarrassed Rohit.

'That's not the case. And come let's go. We have a match to play. Remember?' he asked and began walking out of the room.

'Are you his girlfriend?' alice asked ritika pointing at Rohit.

'Yes, I am.' she replied proudly.

'He looks so young. How did his parents allow him to date?' she asked innocently.

'His parents aren't aware of it.' while the two began chatting about the something, Virat and Mahi Bhai walked back to the team.

'Maybe ritika being here is a wrong idea. What if I fail her or our seniors or my family watching the match or-' Rohit started getting really anxious as the his seniors were gearing up for batting.

'Shh, stay calm. I thought I was the biggest overthinker. Look, you never really need to worry about failing your loved ones because their love is unconditional.'

'That's a hard hitting line. You know what I think?'

'What?'

'That along with your tiny brain in your skill, you have another brain in your knees which gets activated at times. Otherwise I can't imagine you talking so maturedly.'

'I am a matured man.' Virat huffed.

'Very matured to have let Isa-' as soon as Rohit said that, Virat immediately shut his mouth with his hand.

'Ouch, you've hit me.' Rohit winced with a sulky face.

'Why did you have to talk about her now?'

'If I see you two argue or focus on anything other than cricket, I'll never allow you two to play together.' Mahi Bhai warned them.

And that brought them back to the reality. They've sat down and kept analysing the bowlers and the conditions while asking Mahi Bhai what ever doubts they had.

India were 175 for 4 in 16 overs and Virat walked on to bat. He was joined by Rohit in the very next ball after Yuvi pa's dismissal.

'I believe in you, we all do. So just play your shots.' Virat assured Rohit.

Rohit was batting against Micheal Clarke. He angled his first ball outside the off and straight to the fielder.

His struggle continued for the next two balls before the bowler bowled a full toss which Rohit angled over deep mid wicket for a six.

And the very next ball managed to find the boundary despite Andrew Symonds running behind it.

'That's my boy, YAYYYY' Virat was quite animated as he hugged Rohit with joy.

'Your first international runs came from a six followed by a four. You are a - um - a - hitman.' Virat told him.

'Huh? Do you even know the meaning of it?'

'Yes I do. You are the Hitman of the cricket.'

Rohit laughed at his statement.

'I'm gonna have the last laugh regarding this.' Virat insisted before the umpire signalled that the next over is about to begin.

With three overs in hands, team India were at 185-4. The supporters have lost their hope seeing their best men fall. Against the mighty kiwis that was a below par score.

The hope began rising with rohits quick fire and Virat's coverdrives in the next over only strengthened it.

The young lads have together took the score to 202-4 from 175-4. The fans were hooting with joy.

'I feel relieved, watching them play.' confessed an almost teary eyed Mahi Bhai to Jammy Bhai.

'Me too. It's our responsibility to make them the best of their generation.'

The Australian camp couldn't believe it. After dismissing the top four, their only worry was the Indian captain but these youngsters came out of syllabus. They've seen Virat perform in the last match but they termed it as mere luck.

Mahi Bhai couldn't wait for the boys to come back to the dugout to hug and congratulate them. He ran like a child into the ground.

'I'm so proud of you two.' and that one line made them happier than the entire stadium cheering for them.

'Why are you crying?' asked a confused alice.

'Nothing, they are just happy tears.' Ritika answered while wiping her tears with her crossed fingers.

.
.

I'm not gonna ask 'Did you guys like it?' cause I'm not confident at all.

So I just hope it doesn't suck.