9

Though I finished writing this yesterday morning itself, I didn't get time to proof read. So please bear with the errors until I correct them. Happy reading

To those who commented on the previous chapter, thank you so much 💖

.
.

The next day:

'Get me a bottle too.' yuvi yelled to Mahi who had gone to quench his thirst in middle of the practice session.

All their phones were placed on the table and one of it started ringing. It was a habit for them to pick up each other's phones so without giving it a second thought, Mahi picked it up.

'Cheeku, did you have your breakfast?' a female voice filled with warmth questioned him.

He examined the phone and realised that he hasn't seen it before so it has to belong to either Rohit or Virat.

'Aunty, he's in practice. He'll call you back.' he stated.

'Ok beta, it's alright. Take care.' she said and hung up.

He took the phone along with him and walked back to the ground. He saw Ro and Vi arguing about something in a low tone and walked to them.

'I swear-' Vi was saying something but as soon as he saw Mahi Bhai he modified it by saying, 'It might rain today. Look at the clouds.'

'What does that have to do with your brainless head?' Ro asked as he was facing Vi and didn't notice Mahi Bhai who was behind him.

'Bhai, how are you?' Vi asked bhai, indirectly warning Ro.

'Bhai, you are here!'

'Yeah. Um who is cheeku?' he asked.

Vi looked at the phone in his hand and quickly snatched it.

'Your mother called you.' Bhai stated.

'Aww cheeku.' Ro failed miserably at hiding his laugh.

'You could have just asked who's phone this is.' Vi sulked.

'It's alright Chee- Virat.' Ro told him and Vi glared at him before moving afar to call his mother.

'So what did you guys do yesterday?' Mahi Bhai asked Ro.

'His irritating girlfriend has come and it -' Ro gasped as he realised what he has done.

'He has a girlfriend and went on a date yesterday?'

'Well actually -' Ro trailed off unable to find the right words.

'Why are you getting so scared? I'm not gonna scold you for going out on dates. We've all been there. But be careful with the people you'll be close with, both friends and girlfriends. Observe if they are in love with you or your fame.' he preached.

'Yes Bhai, I'm sure my girlfriend is the best one on the planet. She's been by my side since we were kids.' Ro beamed with joy as he stated.

'That's amazing. I'm happy for you.' Mahi Bhai smiled fondly as he placed his hand over Ro's shoulder and that melted the twenty year old kid and made him confess, 'But he's with the wrong girl. She cheated on him with my teammate but still he's trusting her and is thinking that my teammate forced himself upon her and that she's innocent.'

'Are you sure about it?' Mahi Bhai asked.

'Yes, he fought with my teammate, correction - trashed my teammate a few months ago. I didn't know the reason then and that's why I was rude to him and that's the reason we got off on the wrong foot. But then I got to know the actual reason.' Ro stated.

'And yet you are still arguing with him?' Mahi Bhai asked, fighting back a smile.

'He can be so annoying at times bhai.' he answered and continued, ' But also very innocent at times. He's heart is gonna break very badly one day.' Ro said.

'He's just Nineteen, and madly in love. That's the problem.' Mahi Bhai sighed as he began worrying for him.

'I still can't tolerate him at times but the trust and love he has built in his heart for her worries me. We need to open his eyes. What do we do Bhai?' Ro asked him.

'We must do something for sure. Give me some time.' Mahi Bhai spoke and immediately began thinking about it. He knew if he told that to yuvi he'd come up with a solution immediately but he has the loosest tongue and the chances of him spilling it to the entire team are 100%.

And Vi would definitely not like the team to know such intimate details of his life. Mahi bhai understood that better than the rest cause he was also a reserved guy once upon a time who had a hard time to make peace with the fact that his brothers would come to know every minute detail about his life and would leave no stone unturned to tease him about it. Vi would be there too, soon but until then they gotta be careful.

'Also, don't tell this to anyone else like you told me. No one other than the two of us should know about this plan.' he instructed.

'Oh my god, I and M.S. Dhoni are partners!' Ro was on cloud nine.

'Is that ok?' Mahi Bhai snapped his fingers to get his attention.

'Yes Bhai, I won't let anyone else know.' he replied.

They saw Vi coming back and quickly switched the topic of discussion.

'So how is your practice going?' he asked Ro.

'Good bhai.' Ro replied.

'Are you dead Mahi? Where's my water bottle?' Yuvi yelled from a distance.

'I'm coming.' Mahi went back to collect a water bottle for him and returned to the ground.

'Hey cheeku.' maybe Ro enjoyed seeing him glare or the way he argued cause he would do all things that pisses Vi off.

'Shut your mouth. If you call me that again, I'll leak your secrets on social media.' Vi threatened him.

'My secrets? Do you know any, in first place?' he asked.

'Not gonna be hard to find out. So you better stay in your limits.'

'Sure cheeku ' Ro ran as soon as he said it and joined the rest for practice while Vi kept glaring at him whenever he found the opportunity to.

'So how's it going with them?' Sachin asked Mahi when he found Mahi looking at them fondly.

'I have a feeling that they'd make a place for them in my heart very soon.' Mahi replied.