57

I'm truly thankful to each one of you who've messaged me regarding an update of this story and took some time out to message me and let me know how much you liked this and my other stories. All those messages are the ones that motivated me to write despite my terrible writer's block and super hectic academics.

I hope I do justice with my writing 🤞

And also there are five more chapters left in this story ( including epilogue). And this is going to be my last story on Wattpad (atleast for a few months). Thought I'd prepare you all beforehand.
.
.
.

As Virat and Rohit were binge watching some show they have never heard about, they heard a knock on the door.

'What?' Rohit asked as he peeped out from the small gap between the door and the wall.

'Open the door fully.' his dad pushed the door gently to not hurt him.

Virat who was clumsily eating popcorn while laying in a not so dignified way, immediately got up with a jolt and shoved the popcorn onto the ground from the bed.

'It's alright beta. I am used to being around two boys.' Gurunath uncle chuckled at his efforts to appear decent.

'I went to shopping and thought you two would like these suits, you know for the event.' he handed them their respective bags and Virat immediately peeped in excitedly.

'What colour is yours?' Rohit asked Virat hoping they were the same.

'Black.'

'Mine too!'

'I bought the same for you two.' His dad replied unamusingly.

The next day:

'Beta, come back with all your teammates. Ask them to have dinner and then go wherever they have to.' Purnima aunty told Rohit while adjusting his tie.

Virat had a hard time trying to not remember his dad as Rohit's dad was setting his tie while watching a video on it on YouTube.

'I know what you are thinking beta and I also want you to know that you can always talk to me whenever you miss your papa. I know no one will ever replace him and I'm not trying to as well. I'm trying to say that since you and Rohit have bonded so well just like brothers that kind of makes you my son as well.'

With no 'Should I do it or not?' thoughts in his mind, Virat immediately hugged Gurunath uncle and soaked in the warmth he could feel.

After his emotions have come down to normal levels, he awkwardly disengaged from the hug and didn't really know what to say.

'Should I help with the tie?' Virat was relieved as Purnima aunty had come to them.

They've all had breakfast together and the boys left to the event.

'Mahi bhai.' they screamed with joy as they spotted their Bhai from a distance who was giving an interview.

'Hi to you two too.' Sachin pa greeted them, not bothering about how they couldn't notice him standing close to them but could spot their Mahi Bhai who was comparatively farer.

'Hi paaji, how are you?' they excitedly narrated all that they have done in the days they were away from the team and Sachin pa listened just as interestedly.

Soon everyone has gathered and while they were busy chatting and mocking each other the paps were glad to get some content.

'Oh my god, Anushka Sharma.' Virat's voice was a mere whisper but it wasn't gone unheard by the pair of ears next to him.

'I'll just come.' Rohit hurriedly covered the almost five metres distance in three- four steps and initiated a conversation with Anushka which no matter how much Virat tried was quite inaudible to him.

He saw an innocent charm in her that made his heart flutter.

The rational part of his mind told him to stop himself as the first few times he met Isa, he almost had the same feelings seeing her. But it was very rare that he felt attracted to someone.

'Have you forget the last time you were attracted to someone?' his sensible mind asked him.

'Meet my best friend, Virat.' Virat was brought back to reality as Rohit and Anushka came to him.

'Hi Virat, I'm Anushka.' she greeted him.

'Hi, I'm Anu- Virat.' Rohit was almost mad at Virat for acting weird and spoiling it but as he heard Anushka chuckle and continue the conversation, he decided to spare Virat for once.

Jammy Bhai who was silently watching all this smiled seeing Rohit keep aside his usual "shy with strangers" character and trying extremely hard to set up Virat with Anushka.

'But I thought he won't let any woman even talk to Virat. I'm wondering what changed his heart.' Mahi Bhai pondered.

'Maybe Sharma - Sharma?' Yuvi pa joined them.

'He's definitely not the one to like someone only because they belong to the same caste. And also she looks genuine to me.' Sachin pa said.

As Virat and Anushka were chatting about something, Rohit silently sneaked away and joined his seniors.

'Don't you guys think they look cute together?' he asked them.

'They do but when did you become a match maker. The last time I remember you were a match breaker.' Yuvi pa spoke and Mahi Bhai was suddenly haunted with the terrible memory.

'I don't how or why but I think she's not Isa but is like Ritika. Let's see what happens.' Rohit said, with his gaze fixed at Virat and Anushka.

As the seniors were enjoying the show, an anchor had approached them to interview Sachin pa, who instantly agreed but was slightly disappointed as he had to miss such an entertaining show.

'We'll record it, if you want.' Rohit whispered in his ears.

'Do you think anyone will be able to break your record? And if you do, then who do you think are the ones?'

'Well records are meant to be broken and mine is no different. And I think Virat and Rohit are the ones. Watching them play gives me an unexplainable joy. So yeah I think they are the ones.' as Sachin pa said that on the mike, Anushka excitedly patted Virat's shoulder and said, 'Look he's talking about you.'

Both Virat and Rohit have suddenly gone full shy and looked at each other, silently acknowledging each other's presence in their success and Anushka unknowingly has cheered for the love of her life and her brother.

Unknown to them, it was the first of many times when Anushka was beside Virat, cheering for his success.