41

To all you 79 people who voted on the last chapter, thank you very much 🫶

shimmery_pearl
_ThatSweaterGirl_
Ash2029
bsharvani20
Savageness06
dreamerlass
Drashtisinghaniya
nikitha_143

Special mention to these eight for commenting on the last chapter, it truly means a lot to me 🥹❤️

.
.
.
Guys, Virat unfollowed official Indian cricket team handle on Instagram, I'm scared 😭😭
.
.
.

'Virat, I've seen a cemetery on my way from the airport. Shall we go there?' Jaddu asked Virat while having dinner.

Like always, Virat and Rohit sat next to each other and to the other side of them Jaddu and Ajju respectively were seated.

'No outings at the night.' Mahi bahi informed him, who was sitting opposite to him.

'We'll go onto the terrace, I hope that's not prohibited as well.' this time he whispered so that only Virat could hear him.

Usually after dinner, Virat and Rohit would head back to their room together and watch some show or just chat about very trivial stuff regarding their life until they feel sleepy.

It wasn't a rule but it definitely became a habit that Virat didn't want to break, even if it was for his old friend. 

'I'm gonna take your silence as yes. We'll meet in ten minutes.' jaddu said as he got up after finishing his dinner and headed to his room.

The rest three juniors also got up and walked to their respective rooms.

But unlike other days, Virat and Rohit stayed silent.

'I'm going to the terrace with jaddu.' Virat hesitantly told him.

'Sure, even I'm spending time with Ajju. Go where ever you want to go.' Rohit had no clue why he was pissed. He stormed out of the room and went to his Ajju's room.

Virat was rooted in his place trying to figure out what the hell did he do wrong. Because as far as he remember even Rohit was quite engrossed in talking to his friend so he had no right to be mad that Virat was spending time with jaddu.

'You are still here? Come let's go.' jaddu had come to his room for him and took him along to the terrace.

'You are unusually quiet.' Jaddu remarked.

'Huh? No I'm alright. What shall we do now?' Virat asked him.

'I bought this Ouija board. Shall we surrender ourselves to the wandering spirits?' Jaddu asked excitedly.

'I don't believe in ghosts and you know that.' he said.

'I know that you're afraid of 'em. But don't worry, that amulet will save you.' jaddu assured him while setting up the board.

'Jaddu, what's wrong with you? Let's not do this. We don't know what exactly will happen after doing this. What if a ghost really comes?' Virat asked, panicking.

'Chill Virat, I'll take care of it. Not all Ghosts are bad.' jaddu said.

As Virat stood there reluctantly, Rohit and Rahane came there.

'What's going on here?' Rohit asked them.

'Is that an Ouija board?' Rahane recognised it.

'Yes it is. How do you know? Are you also a brave heart like me?' jaddu rose up from the ground and asked excitedly.

'Er- no. And I think you shouldn't be doing this.' he told him softly.

Jaddu huffed at that and said, 'You are all a bunch of cowards.'

And Rohit didn't like him commenting on his bestfriend.

'He might be a coward but you are an idiot for doing this.' he told jaddu.

'Rohit, why are you getting angry?' Virat asked him.

'Why are you stopping me while you stayed quiet while he was commenting my bestfriend?' Rohit was furious.

'Your "best friend" doesn't seem to have a problem with it, what's your problem?' Virat asked him, feeling that Rohit purposefully used the word to differentiate between him and Rahane.

'I didn't expect you'll be a jerk like him too.' Rohit stated and Ajju tried to calm him down.

'Obviously because he's my bestfriend. Jaddu, let's go somewhere else away from these people and have fun.' Virat said.

'Well you don't have to do that. We'll leave. We have a whole season to watch, don't we Ajju?' Rohit looked at Virat angrily and wrapped his arm around Rahane as they began walking down the stairs.

Rahane started feeling guilty for what has happened.

'Ro, you've unnecessarily fought with Virat. You might have gone a bit overboard.' he hesitantly told Rohit.

'I did it for you and now you're blaming me too?'

'I'm not blaming you Ro. I know you did it for me and I'm grateful to have you along side me since the beginning of my international career. But fighting unnecessarily won't help, right?' Rahane tried talking some sense into him.

'He was always like this. I thought I mistook him but just now I've realised that my initial impression of him was the right one.' in the fury that Virat didn't take his side, Rohit completely shoved aside the memories he had with him all those days.

'Rohit, calm down. This is not your usual self. Is something bothering you?' he asked him, truly worried for him.

'Nothing like that Ajju, let's forget about him and watch some show.' Rohit told him and switched on the TV.

'Why did you two even fight?' jaddu asked Virat, still not understanding it.

It was against him that Rohit commented but he didn't feel bad at all but Virat picked up a fight with him.

'He started it. His bestfriend came and he already began differentiating between the two of us. What was the need to do that? It was all his fault.' Virat told him. 

'I've lost the interest to summon the spirits. Let's go and sleep.' jaddu sighed.

And Virat was partly relieved that he didn't have to be a part of any foolery.

Virat went to his room, expecting Rohit to be there but he was welcomed by the emptiness.

'Looks like he's in my room. He'll come back when I go to sleep in my room. Just don't fight again.' Jaddu wished him good night and went back to his room.

Virat laid down on his bed and waited for Rohit to come and was delighted when he heard the door open.

'Virat, are you awake?' he heard Jaddu's voice instead and realised that Rohit probably didn't want to share a room with him anymore now that his bestfriend has come.

He was in no mood to talk to anyone thus he didn't reply to Jaddu, feigning sleep until it really consumed him.

.
.

See you all tomorrow (probably)

Stay safe and happy ❤️