49

Thanks to all of you who've voted on the previous chapter 💙

Special mention to

shimmery_pearl
Savageness06
rohirat_addicted
nikitha_143
saisudharani
meghasrinivasan

For commenting on the previous chapter 🩷

(I really thought the 100 comments streak would break, but thanks megha for taking the comments from 54 to 100+ 🥹✨)

.
.
.

While everyone was wondering who among the two debutants would be made the man of the match, Zak pa was made the man of the man for his fifer in Australia's first innings.

And the players were low key happy with that because they didn't know how the boys would react upon just one of them winning it. They didn't know when they'd act as kids and when as mature beings.

As Virat and Rohit ran towards Zak pa and Bhajji after they hit the winning runs, the entire stadium cheered for them.

'Rohit' 'Kohli' chants have echoed in the stadium and caused goosebumps to the debutants which made them very overwhelmed.

They waved their hands shyly to the crowd before running back to the dressing room due to shyness.

As soon as all of them have reached the dressing room, a cake has been arranged there already.

'It was just the first match. Why are we celebrating already?' Virat asked Mahi Bhai.

'Viraaat look, our faces!' Rohit jumped with excitement as he saw their pictures on the cake.

'Is it for us?' Virat yelled as he hugged Rohit in joy.

'Yes, it is. Now just calm down before one of you trips and falls on the cake.' Sachin pa told them as he moved the cake away from them as he was sure their celebration would do some damage to the cake for sure.

Everyone was as joyful as they were. 
The sane ones had a tough time bringing calmness.

The coaches have talked about everyone's play both the positives and negatives. And Jammy Bhai, unusually was very excited to speak about the match.

'We have to talk about Virat's and Rohit's partnership instead of just their individual value to the team. Their approach is very different. One the run getter, extremely quick between wickets and adding runs to the board so efficiently and the other, just stands where he is and hits the ball into the stands in almost all directions. Such different approaches but headed towards the same goal. We loved watching every second of you two playing. Might be too early to say this but I feel India is in safe hands as long as you two stay at the crease.' Jammy Bhai heaped praises on their performance and the entire team clapped for them, once again.

'I'm so sorry for running you out.' Rohit apologized to Virat who was in awe of jammy bhai's words.

'It's not your fault. But not getting a century was definitely your fault. Couldn't you just hit two runs controlledly?' Virat lectured him.

'And you were just eight runs away as well. Why did you walk away? Technically it must be me as I was on 78.' Rohit retorted back.

Sachin pa who was seated next to them smiled at their innocence but felt he had to fill their mind with the right words and said, 'Let me tell you something, by the time you reach the end of your career, more than the number of centuries you hit, people will remember the number of times you stood strong for your team, the number of times you've picked up your team and have taken them to victory when everyone else failed. That's what matters. And today, if not for the two of you, we would have lost for sure. So five years down the lane, no one will remember how you didn't score a century today but what will remain with them is the happiness you gave them by taking us closer to Victory and for that they'll always root for you and so will we.'

Tears welled up in both their eyes and the second they looked at each other, they could no longer hide their tears.

'Don't get too emotional now.' Mahi Bhai chuckled as he hugged both of them, fondly ruffling their hair. They hugged him back with their heads levelled to his torso and wrapped their hands around him.

'And you must also remember that this journey will have as many lows as the ups. You might get out of the very first ball in the next ball, you might develop problems against certain balls which will be exploited by all those we play against. So you must learn to not take anything too seriously except your efforts.' it was yuvi pa's turn to pass his share of knowledge.

'And on the days when you don't perform well, we will reprimand you for that, make practice thougher but you must never take it wrong way and just remember that we will always value you.' Mahi Bhai told them as they finally got a hold of their emotions.

All the seniors have shared their own experiences and how they have managed to win against the obstacles and about the times, they couldn't.

'Where are Ajju and Jaddu?' Virat asked, as he was suddenly reminded of them.

'Right, I failed to notice their absence. I was thinking they haven't joined the team yet. Where are they?' Rohit asked as he turned his head in all possible directions to look out for them.

The seniors glanced at each other and smiled to themselves.

'What are you guys planning?' Virat asked excitedly.

'You'd want to see that for yourselves.'  Mahi Bhai told them.

The lights went off suddenly and by the time they were back, Rohit and Virat saw Ajju and Jaddu dressed up in Rohit's and Virat's test jerseys, respectively.

'Thank you for finally realising our absence. My legs were about to start cramping by standing on the other side of the room.' jaddu thanked them sarcastically and the boys didn't bother to retort as they were too excited to see what was to going to happen.

'Someone made a rap about your partnership and we thought it be great to recreate it.' Ajju told them shyly.

The entire team hooted to cheer them up and Virat and Rohit could barely sit in their seats as they saw the performance.

'Just don't run out each other next time.' Ajju and Jaddu warned them as they were done.

'Never again.' Rohit and Virat promised them.

.
.

A few have messaged me saying they couldn't join the group chat as they weren't on Instagram. So I've decided that from this chapter, I'll be sharing a few reels that I liked in the comments ( links) do tell me if you can view them without an account.

Stay safe and happy 🩷