Epilogue

Almost seven years later:

Virat was in his Delhi home with his mother. He was equally engrossed as his mother was, in the daily soap he was watching with her when the door bell rang.

Expecting the milkman with the monthly bill, he opened the door and was surprised to see Rohit standing there.

Fear kicked in as he recollected what drama took place the last time Rohit unexpectedly visited him.

'Oh my god, what have you done this time.' Virat almost collapsed on the ground as he began remembering what all he has spoken to Rohit on that day.

'Did you leak the pictures of me and Anushka on our vacation? Did you tell everyone that I haven't bathed before the last match began? Did you-'

'I'm planning to propose to Ritika. I want to marry her ' Rohit told him, calmly.

'Why did you-' wait, what?' Virat got up instantly.

'WEDDING, VIRAT! I WANT TO MARRY RITIKA AND I'M ASKING HER TONIGHT.'

'THAT'S AMAZING. I'M SO HAPPY.' Virat squealed with joy. He was happy, because his sister and his bestfriend were about to get married and also because his secrets were safe.

'I need your help. So pack your bags, we are going to mumbai.' Rohit said and walked into the house to spend some time with his dearest aunty.

Virat packed his bag in almost five minutes while mentally thinking of a few innovative ideas for the proposal.

.
.

Five years later:

'Rohit, Mahi Bhai, I'm afraid.' Virat spoke on the conference call.

'Cheeku, what's wrong? Shall I come over?' Mahi Bhai asked, concerned.

'There are lockdown restrictions right.  But I'll do something and visit him. You don't worry, bhai.' Rohit assured him.

'Won't you guys ask me what happened?' Virat asked.

'Yeah, What's wrong?'

'Anushka and I are gonna be parents soon. I - I don't know if I'll be able to take care of her and our baby. I want to be the best husband and the best father in the world but I'm worried. What if I mess it up?'

'My cheeku is going to be a father soon. That's such an amazing news. I so wish that we are all living in the same city.'

'RITIKAAAAA, DID YOU HEAR WHAT VIRAT JUST SAID.' Rohit yelled, almost damaging Virat's and Mahi Bhai's ear drums.

Each time Virat felt nervous or if he doubted himself, his brothers were there by his side, guiding him and motivating him.

And the day, Anushka was joined in the hospital, the whole team wanted to be there.

Mahi Bhai convinced them that since the lockdown restrictions haven't loosed out completely, he suggested that he and Rohit will be there at the hospital while the others will gather at Virat's place and plan for a surprise party.

Rohit wished for a boy because even though he and Ritika were the actual parents to Sammy, Virat and Anushka have equally loved and pampered her and have had their share of parenting a girl child, so this time they must have a different experience and Mahi Bhai agreed.

The boys in the house were eagerly waiting for their phone call. They had a bet regarding the gender of the child. Except Rahul and Jassi, everyone else were sure that it will be a boy.

'Bhabhi would be in so much pain right.' Jassi asked, concerned about her.

'Yeah, I hope she delivers soon and the pain ends.' Rahul hoped.

Everyone were having a conversation and Shreyas and Rishabh were extremely bored and decided to wander around.

They saw Jaddu and Jinks in the balcony seriously talking about something and decided to eavesdrop.

'I can't believe he's gonna be a father soon.' Jaddu uttered.

'Neither can I. We've all grown up so fast. Do you remember our early days at the ict?'  Jinks asked and the two of them have walked down the memory lane while Shreyas and Rishabh imagined themselves in that position after seven- ten years.

A few hours later, Mahi bhai shared a video of a tiny baby sleeping peacefully in Virat's arms who was in literal bliss.

'Our princess has arrived.' he captioned.

.
.
.

Fifteen years later:

'Prem, Mahi bhai- bade papa is here as well. Sakshi di wants to meet you. What are you doing here?' Rohit asked, walking into his room.

'My bestfriend Arjun forgot that it's my birthday today, chachu.' spoke a teary eyed Prem. 

'What's happening here?' asked Virat as he opened the door.

'Nothing papa. I'm alright.' he lied as he knew his dad would be equally hurt if he gets to know that his son is sad.

They've all gone down and the party began with a full swing. Rohit explained the issue to Mahi  Bhai and Mahi Bhai decided to talk to him.

He managed to get some alone time with him and told him the story of the greatest best friends he knows- Virat and Rohit.

'What should I do to find a bestfriend like that?' Prem asked him.

'You just have to wait and when you find him, never let him go.' Mahi Bhai told him.

Rohit and Virat managed to get some time for themselves and decided to have karaoke with their songs that they found years ago, singing each and every word heartfully, feeling truly grateful for each other and were filled with pride for coming that far together.

Did they ever fight like us?

You and I, we don't wanna be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between you and I
Not even the Gods above
Can separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between you and I

Oh, you and I

-You and I by One direction

All my life, you stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights, they can't blind me
With your love, nobody can drag me down
All my life, you stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights, they can't blind me
With your love, nobody can drag me down

Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down
Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down

-Drag me down by One direction.

.