39

Kindly be considerate and vote, comment if you like the chapter

.
.
.

'Rohit, from where are you returning at this time?' his mother asked him sternly.

'Ma actually I -' Rohit failed miserably to speak.

'Also who's she?' she asked looking at Ritika.

Both of them were dumbfounded and had absolutely no idea of what to speak due to fear.

Rohit scanned his surroundings for some clue and saw Virat coming towards them.

And just like that, without applying any brain, he said, 'She's Ritika, Virat's girlfriend. We three went outside.'

Virat and Ritika couldn't believe what they've just heard.

'Acha, anyways let's go upstairs and talk. I've bought your favourite pickles for you.' Aunty said.

'Can we have one minute with your son?' Ritika sweetly asked her.

And Rohit wasn't so stupid to understand why and he wasn't in the space to deal with it. "One step at a time" was his motto.

'Um, can we catch up later? I wanna spend some time with my mother?' he asked.

'It's alright beta, they want to talk to you right. Talk to them. Meanwhile I'll freshen up.' she said.

'Yeah sure Aunty, thank you.' Virat immediately held Rohit's arm to block him from running as soon as his mother leaves.

'What the fuck did you say?' Ritika's eyes shot daggers.

'I'm so sorry, it just happened. I freaked out and didn't know what to say.' he chuckled nervously.

'How long will you hide this from your family?' Virat asked him.

'I will talk to them soon, I didn't want to get caught as it won't look good that way.'

'Will it look good now if they think you began dating your friend's girlfriend ?' Ritika asked him.

'That was a total stupid move. I know that. But I didn't know what else to do. You could have said something, why were you silent?' he began accusing her.

'You could have told her that I'm his sister. And that we three went outside. God if I had a time machine, I'd change what just happened.' Ritika held her head with frustration.

'Chill, she won't remember you. From now we'll refer to you as - um- likitha. I mean don't let her see you, but ofcourse she's gonna talk about you so we'll change your name now. And in the future even if she recognises you, we can manipulate her.' Rohit devised a plan.

'Or maybe in the future as soon as you introduce her to your family, you'll tell her the truth and apologize to her. I'm sure she'll understand.' Virat stated a rather simpler and practical plan.

'Yeah that doesn't look bad, we'll proceed with that. And please don't be mad at me.' he pleaded Ritika with puppy eyes.

'I'm gonna deal with you later, now go and spend time with your mother.' she told him.

He again apologized to both of them for atleast five times before leaving.

'So, um-' Ritika struggled to initiate a conversation.

'Was Rohit always this lazy, laid back, one who doesn't think before he does something?' Virat decided to make him the main part of the conversation as both of them definitely had lots to share about him.

'Most of the time, but he stresses too much to at times, although he doesn't let people see that side of him.' she stated.

'Yeah, I've seen him anxious a few times. And that's definitely my least favourite side of him. This lazy, laid-back attitude is irritating at times but it's comforting to know that he's okay when compared to seeing him nervous or low on confidence.'

And with that Virat had formed a place for himself in Ritika's heart.

To see her boyfriend's supposed competitor care for him more than anyone else warmed her heart.

'He talks so highly of you. And I see why.' She said.

'Does he? With me he's always making fun or irritating me. I mean he does motivate and comfort me as well but- I don't know.' Virat sighed.

'He has never spoken of anyone as much as you and that speaks a lot.'

'And every time we have a conversation, he'll definitely bring you into the discussion. My girlfriend likes this, that, she'll react like this, she says, and what not. I'm kinda jealous of the love you two share.' he confessed.

'Don't worry you'll find your true love too.' she assured him.

'I don't think I'm that lucky.'

'Even I thought I wouldn't meet someone who'd love me and understand truly but then I met him right.'

'I have a small doubt. You guys were literally kids when you got into a relationship. So when exactly did this "I've never thought I'd meet someone who'll truly understand me" happen?' and that made both of them burst out laughing.

'We weren't too young. I mean we were but it never felt childish to us.' she explained while still laughing.

Mahi Bhai who was watching them from his table was interrupted by his seniors.

'Are you keeping an eye on them?' Jammy Bhai asked.

'Not in a negative way. I don't even know why I'm doing this.' he buried his head in embarrassment.

'It's fine we understand it. Cause we did it with all of you as well. We never truly realise when we transition from playful juniors to protective seniors.' Sachin pa assured him.

'They have adapted very comfortably and are making such beautiful bonds while also improving their game. I wonder how it will be after few days, you know after-'

'Don't worry about it. Everything will be well like it is now if not better. We've seen it all happen with you guys so trust us.' Jammy Bhai said.

Virat and Ritika were quite immersed in talking about their lives when Ritika stifled a yawn.

'We should probably sleep now.' Virat said checking the time.

'Yeah.' she replied hesitantly and Virat immediately understood why.

'You can sleep in our room, I'll go and sleep with Mahi Bhai and yuvi pa.' he told her.

'No, it's fine. I don't want to trouble you.' she said.

'That's not troubling me at all. Besides maybe you will want to be in his surroundings.' he said.

He accompanied her to their room, gave him his keys, his phone number, made sure she was comfortable and went to his seniors room.

.
.

See you all on Saturday and please please please pray for my exams to go well 🥹🥹

Also I wanna improve my writing and this story and that's only gonna happen if you guys give me feedback.

So tell me the negatives of my writing.

Trust me, I won't get offended but please don't hesitate to tell me those. Because that's the only way I'll get to know what my weak points are and where I must improve.