12

Firstly, Happy Ugadi to those who celebrate💖 May this new year be the best one for all of us✨

Shameep
Lisha2108
AnneshaDey8
Ash2029
AryaKrishna758
Preciousprincess_05
nikitha_143
ij0786
rohirat_addicted
ictFiction

Thank you for commenting on the last chapter 💖

.
.

'Do you really have to go?' yuvi was packing his bags as he received a phone call from his dad telling him to come for his mother's birthday. Mahi watched him intently and tried to hide his disappointment.

'It's my mother's birthday Mahi, so ofcourse I'll have to be there.'

'But there's a match in two days' said Mahi while his inner thought was actually 'But I'll miss you.'

'I'll be back by then.' he said and began searching for something.

'Did you see my watch?' he asked

'Mahi did you see it anywhere?' he asked again looking at him for response only to see Mahi playing with it absent mindedly.

'Hello sir, where are you lost?' he snapped his fingers to get Mahi's attention.

'Uh, no where.'

'Yeah that's quite visible.' he replied sarcastically.

'Do you really have to go?' Mahi asked again.

'She's my only mother so yes I have to go. But what's wrong with you? Wait- Are you by any chance sad that I'm leaving?' he sat next to him on the bed staring right into his face, expecting Mahi to say yes.

'No. I'm worried for the team.' replied Mahi.

'Don't lie, I can see it on your face. You will miss me.' before they could continue their banter anymore Yuvi's phone rang.

.
.

'We pranked on him and he ruffled our hair like this lovingly.' Vi imitated Mahi Bhai's action on Ro, trying to state something.

'Yeah, so?'

'He also smiled fondly.'

'Yeah, so?' asked Ro, still clueless about what Vi was implying.

'Why are you repeating yourself?'

'Why are you repeating Bhai?' Ro countered.

'He's so adorable, I think I like him.' Vi stated.

'That's great, isn't it? But why are you sad?' Ro asked him.

'Because I feel guilty for making him guilty.'

'Then do something to let go of it.' Ro stated.

'But what do I do?' Vi asked.

'Simple, go to him and apologize straightly.' Ro answered.

'Should I do something grandly instead?' Vi asked.

'Ugh, you and your 'grandly' ! No, just go to him and speak from the straight of your heart. I am also involved in this but for the final act you are solely responsible so that's why I'm not accompanying you. But if you want me to be by your side or even accept my fault, I'll be there.' Ro told him. 

'No, he's feeling guilty for only one thing and that's done by me. I'll go and talk to him.' Vi said and headed towards the exit. He stopped at the door and turned back to Ro and asked, 'Are you sure, I should just talk to him without planning anything grandly?'

'Don't irritate me, just go.' Ro pushed him gently outside the door and closed it.

.
.

After practicing his speech for atleast ten times, standing outside Mahi Bhai's room, he finally gathered the courage to knock.

'Virat, what are you doing here? I hope you aren't here to pull another prank on me?' bhai chuckled.

'No, I'm not. I want to talk to you.' he said.

And the smile on his face has been immediately switched with concern.

'Get inside.' he told him.

Vi sat on the couch and examined his room.

'What do you want to talk about?' Mahi Bhai asked him as he sat next to him.

'I actually want to apologise. Actually I didn't fall unconscious for real but I was only acting. Actually we- I, only me, Rohit isn't responsible, we did want to do something but that moment when I said "unconscious" I suddenly got the idea and executed it. I wasn't really unconscious I was only acting. Even Rohit didn't know about it.  It's my fault. Then I was angry with you but seeing you feel guilty made me regret it but now I like you so even I feel guilty. I feel guilty because I wasn't really unconscious I -'

'was only acting ' Mahi Bhai continued his statement as he repeated that quite a few times by then.

'Yeah, so actually -' Vi, who was shaking, decided to continue to explain in a wobbly tone but Mahi Bhai interrupted him.

'Do you feel sorry for what you've done?'

'Yes. I feel guilty because -' Virat was on a repeat mode.

'No, I got it, you don't have to keep repeating it. First, stop getting frightened seeing me. I'm not going to eat you.' Mahi Bhai calmed him by gently pressing his palms.

'I'm really sorry for doing that. ' Virat apologised again and began biting his nails in nervousness.

Mahi Bhai smiled seeing that nineteen year old guy's antics. 'No I'm not angry with you. What you did is wrong but I'm at fault as well. So maybe we should just bury the past and move on.' Mahi Bhai flashed a wide smile to show that he wasn't upset.

'Are you sure?' Vi asked.

'Yes, 100%' Bhai assured him.

Virat walked into the room to expect some 1-2 hours of begging and pleading him which was why this five minutes of discussion felt incomplete to him.

'Are you really sure?' he asked to confirm.

Mahi bhai chuckled at that and Virat's behaviour made him wonder if he behaved in the same way with his Sachin pa when he was new to the team.

'Yes baccha, 100% sure.'

'I'm not baccha, I'm nineteen years old.' Virat corrected him.

'But your antics say otherwise. Oh yes, you aren't baccha, you are cheeku.' bhai teased him.

'Bhai, please don't call me that.' Vi whined.

'Why? What's wrong with cheeku? It's cute.'

And that made Virat's brian lit up with something.

'But if you want to call me that as a payment for making you guilty, then I'm fine with it.' he said.

'Then you are cheeku from now on, but that's because I want to call you that and not as some repayment or something.' Bhai said.

'But no one else should call me that. It makes me embarrassed.' Vi told him with his ears already turning into a lighter shade of red.

'Yeah, I'll take care of that. Not even Rohit?' bhai asked.

'I don't mind him using it but he'll make fun of me. So he'll have to come up with some other name.'

Mahi bhai smiled at that with his mind thinking that he needed to talk to Rohit as well, cause he looked like someone who won't open up easily.

.
.

And here's the beginning of MahiRat✨💖