37

Technically I must be studying now as my sessionals start from day after tomorrow and I'm not ready at all for them. Anyways I hope you guys like the chapter.

To all those who voted and commented on the previous chapter, I love you so much🫶
The response is what keeps me (or any other writer) motived so kindly be considerate.

.
.

'Ma' Virat couldn't believe what he saw.

His mother was standing just 2-3 feet away from him with a huge smile plastered on her face.

Virat knew his family would be coming but that moment was quite unexpected for him.

'Are you gonna just stare at me or come closer and give me a hug?' she asked him forwarding her arms.

'Maa' he leaped forward immediately to hug her, imbalancing them, almost causing a fall.

As she chuckled at her son's act, that sounded like music to him.

'I missed you so much Ma.' he mumbled, swallowing back the tears that were about to emerge.

'But I didn't miss you at all. It feels as if you are with me all the time.' she said, ruffling his hair dearly.

'That's not fair Ma. I know you have two other kids, but how can you not miss your most favourite baby?' he whined as he tightened the hug.

'Did you not listen to the second sentence? I said, it feels like you were with me all the time. I could feel you walking about the house, laughing, your childish antics and your whinings.'

'I don't whine.' he frowned.

While not wanting to rub the truth on his face and not willing to lie about it, she just chuckled.

Rohit was looking at them from the window of his room. Every neuron in his body itched to run downstairs and greet his friend's mother. But he was a shy kid who didn't know how to. 

Don't ask him where this  shyness was while coming up with ludicrous plans.

But in his defence, everything he has done was to help Virat.

'Do you want to go down and talk to her?' Ritika asked, reading his mind like always.

'No, actually - Yeah'

'Then let's go.' she held his arm and dragged him towards the lift , not paying any heed to his words.

She was a shy person herself but she knew that these bunch of people and their families wouldn't make her feel awkward.

She was quite confident until they reached the lobby and that's when her shyness kicked in.

'Why did you stop? Weren't you making me run 200 kmph until a second ago?' Rohit asked her.

'Are you a train to run that fast?' she retorted.

'Yes, do you want a ride?' he smirked.

'Yuck! Show this boldness in talking to your friend's mother.' she tried acting unbothered by his comment but her cheeks gave away the truth.

They kept standing there awkwardly, asking each other to take the initiation and trying to muster up some courage.

But before that could happen, Saroj aunty spotted them and greeted them.

'Rohit, come here. How are you? And who is she? Your sister?'

'Ma, that's his girlfriend. Stop embarassing me.' Virat face palmed himself.

'How would I know that? I didn't know the team called girlfriends so I assumed her to be his sister. What's wrong in that?' she reasoned.

'It's fine aunty.' Ritika said, as she bent down to take her blessings.

She expected Rohit to follow her and upon seeing his not do that, she looked up to only see him scratching his head while smiling goofily.

'All of this isn't needed beta. Come give me a hug.' Saroj aunty lifted Ritika to her level and hugged her.

'My son doesn't even look at girls. Do you believe that he has never had a girlfriend in his whole life.' She spoke, oblivious about her son's activities.

'Oh my god that's unbelievable.' Rohit remarked sarcastically and Virat scowled at him.

'Every time I ask him, he says that he hasn't found the right one. Looks like he's dreaming for an angel to come on earth for him.'

'Yeah, he prefers only angels.' if looks could really kill, those would have been Rohit's last words.

'Ma, why don't we go inside and meet my seniors.' Virat asked, dying to divert the topic.

'I would love to meet them. They are so grounded. I've talked to a few of them over the call. I never expected them to be this humble after all that they've achieved in life. And you have to promise me that you'll stay the same too, even after achieving everything in life.'

'Yes Ma, I'm not gonna change.' he assured her.

'But your taste in women must surely change.' Rohit didn't miss the opportunity to whisper that in his ear.

'I'm gonna kill you after she leaves.' Virat murmured back with a sweet smile on his face.

'But let me enjoy till then.' Rohit replied nonchalantly. 

The seniors were equally excited and to spend time with her. She cooked and bought food for all them which they devoured happily.

While Rohit enjoyed her presence so much, he also missed his own mother dearly.

He found calling just one family member per player quite ridiculous. 

And they seemed to be coming one after one like it was some biggboss show.

Virat shared so many incident with his mother and she could only see her five year son who'd share every single detail of his day very excitedly.

'Never change cheeku. And never stop telling me the details of your life, especially those that hurt you.' she said, her eyes glistened with tears.

'And you too, Ma. I know I won't be by your side physically all the time but I still think about you and love you the same, if not more. So please don't hide your sorrows from me thinking that it would disturb my game.' he said.

'I won't, I promise.' she planted a kiss on his forehead before capturing his face with her eyes. She has to remember that image till she meets him in person the next time.

'And don't worry about him. I'll - I mean we are all here to take care of him.' Rohit assured her.

After dinner, Saroj aunty had to leave as she wanted to be there by her daughter's side who had an important competitive exam the next day.

'And don't worry about him aunty, he'll be home in  two months  and spend an entire month with you.' Mahi Bhai told her as she was leaving.

Very reluctantly, Virat bid farewell to her and went into his room as he wanted some "Me time".

.
.

Who knows maybe if you guys spam, I might update the next chapter tonight 😌