CWC 2023

This world cup is extremely close to my heart and will always be. I've never had the opportunity to follow a world cup from the start to the end due to various reasons, majorly academics but that's not the case this time.

I feel blessed to have witnessed their brotherhood on the field. The way they all would run to each other after a dismissal followed by heartwarming hugs and obviously the medal ceremony videos for which we all would wait for so eagerly ( the players were definitely more excited for those)

I will not let one bad night take away the happiness the last month and half have given to me.

Last night I was travelling so I couldn't see the second innings due to poor signal and when my brother called me post match to tell me that we've lost, I honestly felt nothing. But the minute I opened Instagram in the morning and saw their gloomy faces that's when I lost control.

If only I had the power to heal their hearts. 

India not winning the trophy last night makes absolutely no difference for me and anyone who watches Cricket regularly will know how consistent and dominant our team is. We are No1 in tests, ODIs and T20s which shows who's the dominating side and I refuse to let one night change that for me.

But I wish India won last night, not for any of us but for the players, especially for those who might have played their last ODI WC match last night.

It hurts to see sorrow on their face after all the efforts they've put for their  country.

I am someone who always believes that , "Whatever happens, happens for a reason" but this time I don't know how to accept that.

I don't understand why God keeps doing this to them.

I also believe in karma but what have these boys done wrong to deserve any of that happening to them?

Whatever is happening to these boys is shattering all my philosophies. 

I see people already saying "Rohit played so selflessly and he deserved to win more than anyone else" and  "Virat is the player of the tournament and it's unfortunate that he's on the losing side.'

Rohit has already clarified that everyone in the team is given a certain role.

We also saw Virat Signalling to the dugout to inquire about his game and Rohit showing thumbs up to him.

So we must remember that this is a team game and all the eleven players are equally important for the team's journey till here. And it's only foolish to pick someone over the other. Not just Rohit and Virat but every single one playing.

Never loved them for their success or the glory so I can digest the loss.

But to see them dejected is making me question my own beliefs and philosophies.

I wish I had the power to take away their sorrow and heal them.

Trophy or trophyless, they'll always be loved the same.

Also I've seen a video on Instagram where Rohit was rushing into the dressing room after the loss and someone screamed, "We love you Rohit Bhai" and that moved me so much.

I wish BCCI would let us write and post  letters to the Indian team so that we get a chance to express all our love to them and they get to see what really matters to us, which is their happiness and nothing else.

I've already moved on from the loss but I'll need time to stop recollecting their dejected faces.

People who are typing shit and defending it by saying that they are hurt must take a minute and think if just by watching them lose made us dejected then how the ones who actually went out there and played by putting all their efforts, hard work, sweat and blood must be dealing with the loss?

They weren't anyways given the joy that they truly deserve but I hope they atleast will be given the strength to deal with the sorrow thrown at them (unfairly, according to me)

Chin up champ, we are extremely proud of you all💖