✿ New Friend ✿

⋆。゚ ☀︎ 。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

January 13th, 1977.

Today was going to be exciting, not because it was a new year, but because there was a exchange student from Ilvermorny that would be staying till the end of 7th year. Y/n had made it her destiny to become friends with this person. The only thing she knew for sure is that they were a girl, and she was 16 or 17.

Y/n had made her way to the great hall with Dorcas and Lilly when she spotted the new girl walking around with Professor Mcgonagal, before they got there. "Mrs, L/n." Professor called to her. "Can you please show our new student around the school?" I looked over at the girl, she had the most beautiful looking blonde hair, her eyes were a bright blue and she was very pretty. "Of course." Y/n smiled at Professor Mcgonagal.

Y/n said a quick goodbye to Lilly and Dorcas before averting her full attention the the American girl In front of her. "Hi I'm Y/n." She smiled at her. "Im Alaura-Jean Brown, but you can just call me Alaura, or AJ for short." Alaura smiled back at y/n. "Your accent is very cool, I've never met an American before." Alaura looked a little confused about what Y/n had just said. "I don't really have an accent, but I guess it's just flipped around because of where we are from." Alaura started walking, so y/n decided that she should show her around. "So where in America are you from?" She asked. "Im from Boston, Massachusetts." It was vey easy to tell AJ was from Boston, because of the accent that people who are form there have, even if hers was less. Noticeable."I've never heard of it."

"Well it's nothing too special, but it's in Massachusetts, obviously, that's where ilvermorny is." Alaura said in a sweet voice. "What house are you in?" Y/n asked the girl. "Im a Thunderbird, and I just god sorted into Gryffendoor, I suppose by your red robes you are one too?" She asked, "Yes I am." Y/n smiled at her. "Do you come from a pure blood or Muggle born family?" Y/n asked, she quickly realized what she said and added, "not that it matters." She awkwardly laughed. "Oh I'm from a No-Maj family, if that's what you mean." Alaura retorted. "No-Maj?" Y/n questioned her. "Uhm, it's like a Muggle born, I think thats what you call it anyway."

Y/n finished up showing the school to Alaura, making there was down the to great hall because they had just enough time to get to breakfast and enjoy it. She decided to introduce Alaura to the Marauders, even though it probably was bad idea.

When they got there, Y/n brought AJ to the section of the table the Marauders usually sat at. "Hey guys." Y/n announced her presence. "Hi Spots, who's this?" James asked. "This is our new exchange student from ilvermorny, Alaura." Y/n introduced the girl. Sirius was the first to stand up to great her, and with no surprise he instantly liked her. "Hello, m'lady." Sirius winked at her. "Padfoot, back off I'm not having her corrupted by your foolish behavior, you toss pot." Y/n lead Alaura to the seat next to herself, next to Remus.

"Here we have different tables for each houses." Y/n explained to the girl. "These are my friends, Remus, James, Peter and Sirius." Y/n explained. "I recommend staying away from Sirius though." "You know you love me!" Sirius said in a song-songy voice. "Mhm sure, anyways we each have our own common rooms, since your new I'll give you a list of the common room passwords." Y/n looked over to AJ,

"Our common room is a painting of a lady in a pink dress, you tell her the code and then she opens the door, I'll show you where the lady is though." She said. "I also recommend watching out for a Poltergeist named Peeves, he's very mischievous.. and not in the good way." Y/n smiled to herself. "What's the good type of mischievous?" Alaura asked. "Don't worry... you'll find out soon." Y/n put a hand on AJ's shoulder, mischievously smiling at her.

⋆。゚ ☀︎ 。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Y/n walked around the school with Alaura, and she got to skip classes to show her around which was a bonus point.
Y/n and Alaura were walking in the Transfiguration courtyard when she bumped into someone. "Oh I'm so- oh Uhm watch where your going next time you arrogant toe rag." Y/n looked over to none other than Damien Cox. "Whatever." He flipped her off and walked away. "Who's that?" Alaura asked. Y/n debated in telling her or just letting her find it out herself. "I went to a ball with him, his name is Damien Cox, anyways, I went with him for Christmas, he stood me up and went with his other friend, I think there dating now." Y/n scoffed at the idea of him, he was absolutely revolting thinking about him after what he did to her, and she still took him back.

"Oh, sorry Y/n." Alaura looked over to her. "It's not a big deal he's a tosser anyways." She smiled back at the blonde. "Tosser?" AJ questioned. "Never mind." Y/n looked away from her.

"Your really fun to hang around with, and never mind Damien, he's a Jerk." Alaura reassured her. "Yeah."

⋆。゚ ☀︎ 。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"Well I suppose this is it." Y/n and Alaura had made it to the Gryffendoor portrait hole. Alaura had some troubles getting up the moving staircase though, y/n tried not to laugh.

"Troll bogeys." Y/n spoke, then the painting of the women opened up to a beautiful looking common room. The fiery haze of the fireplace always being there to greet them. "I'm pretty sure that your in my dorm so I'll show you where it is." Y/n grabbed the girls hand and lead her upstairs.

"Ah here it is- and yes there's your bed." Alaura's things had already been set on the bed. "Its beautiful." Alaura fell on her bed. "Well, I leave you to enjoy the room, I'll be in the common room if you need me." Y/n then left the room and walked down the stairs to her friends in the common room.

"I love the new girl!" Y/n sat down next to Lilly and Remus. "She seems nice." James said. "She's awesome."

⋆。゚ ☀︎ 。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆