Reggie? Where did you go?

⋆。゚ ☀︎ 。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

March 24th, 1978.

Y/n sat at dinner with her friend Regulus. She noticed that he was getting very distant lately. He'd avoid her in the halls, sit with other people in class and they'd barely go to the library anymore. Y/n felt like she was losing someone she held very dear to her.

"Y/n I have to tell you something." Regulus turned to y/n. She was playing with some asparagus on her plate. "What's up?" Y/n asked him. "I figured something out.. but we can't talk here." Regulus grabbed Y/n's arm and pulled her out of the Great Hall. The walked around some corners a few times before they finally stopped. Regulus pushed her into a small hidden place by a castle wall and walked there with her. "What's going on?" Y/n asked Regulus eagerly. "I have figured out a way to kill Voldemort." He said.

"How?" Y/n asked him. Regulus took a deep breath before explaining how it would happen and about the Horcruxs'. "Wait so he killed seven people, then split is soul into seven parts and put them in seven different objects, just so he could live forever."
Y/n re-checked everything Regulus had just told her. "And you think you know where one is?" Y/n asked him again. "Yes." Regulus said. "It could be dangerous, but it's worth doing whatever it takes to defeat him." Regulus looked determined to kill Voldemort.

"No! No way I'm letting you do this Reg! If it's dangerous then I'm not letting you do this! You don't even know how to swim, let alone kill a piece of a dark wizards soul!"
Y/n yelled at him. Regulus blinked and then looked down. "I'm going to do this wether you like it or not." He said in a quiet yet harsh tone. "Please, please Regulus I can't let you do this." Y/n put a hand on his shoulder. "You have so much to live for." Regulus shrugged her hand off of his shoulder. "like what Y/n! My family forces me to be the one person I hate, my brother left me at home and I get abused when I go back. Your the only one who is making me even consider not going to do this ." Regulus looked into
y/n's eyes.

"This is where I leave you, but not without doing something first." Regulus pulled Y/n into a kiss quickly, she kissed back hesitantly. Y/n loved Remus but what if this is the last time she'll see her friend? He obviously fancied her, Y/n just gave in so they could leave off on a good note if he got hurt.

"I'm sorry, I just had to do that, this may be the last time I see you y/n." Tears swelled up in Y/n's eyes, she frowned at him slightly. "I don't want you to go Regulus!" She sobbed and pulled him into a hug. "Please, don't leave me." Y/n cried into his shoulder. "I promise I'll come back." Regulus sadly smiled at her. "I love you Y/n." He pulled away and looked at her. Y/n was hesitant at first but answered back a simple 'I love you too'. And as if nothing ever happened, Regulus walked away in a swift movement.

Y/n couldn't sleep for the rest of the night, all she could think of was is if Regulus was okay. She convinced herself that he was going to be fine, and that everything was going go back to the way it was.

⋆。゚ ☀︎ 。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

The next morning at breakfast y/n didn't see Regulus, she started to worry but just thought he was tired at slept in, so she walked over to her friends at the Gryffendoor table and sat next to Alaura.

The morning owl mail came in. James got a letter from His mom, so did Remus. Most of the people got letters from their parents. Y/n, however, got a letter with a black envelope. There was a green wax seal and the Black family crest imprinted on it. Y/n knew it was from Regulus because of the handwriting on the back of the envelope. In silver ink it said 'to y/n.' In his handwriting. Y/n was hoping that the letter was good news, and that he was okay and everything was going to be fine, she would see her best friend again and he would see her, everything was going to be fine. Y/n quickly opened the letter and read..

Dear my beloved Y/n,

I will be dead long before you are reading this, I have taken the real Horcrux and replaced it with a faux one.

I would like you to know that I loved you ever sense 6th year and that I will not stop loving you even when I am gone. You were the most important thing to me before I died and I hope you never forget me.

I pre wrote this for when I die, I had my house elf Kreacher send this to you. I hope you have a wonderful life when I'm gone, do something amazing, marry Lupin and start a family, just never forget me. I love you with all of my heart.

R.A.B

Y/n looked down at the letter in shock, she let out a quiet sob, tears were streaming down her face. Alaura looked over at her in confusion. Y/n clutched the letter in her hand and ran out of the great hall, y/n ran all the way until she collapsed on her bed. She knew that something like this was going to happen when she let him go, her best friend is gone now, and if she hadn't stopped him, he would still be here.

The first person to barge into her room was Remus, followed by the rest of her friends. "Y/n!" Remus walked over to y/n and hugged her. Tears were staining his Cotten jumper. "Hey, hey it's okay, what happened?" He asked. "Regulus is dead!" Y/n cried even louder this time. "No!" Sirius started to sob too. James pulled him into a tight hug. "Read this." Y/n handed the note to Remus. He read it carefully before setting it down on Y/n's night table.

"I'm so sorry y/n." He hugged her tighter. "I'm so sorry Sirius." Y/n got up and James pulled away from his hug with Sirius, y/n pulled him into a bone crushing hug. "I can't Believe he's.. gone." Sirius sobbed again. "I don't know what I'll do without him." Y/n sniffled. The only thing running though her mind was.. well nothing. She missed him so much. Regulus had become apart of her daily routine, he became her best friend, someone she loved dearly, Regulus was her 'Husband'. And now he was.. Gone.

⋆。゚ ☀︎ 。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆