Chapter2:Part1: Memories

Hmm.

So we all remember that time when Ki almost drowned in the sewers because of Rafe... yeah, they were pretty horrendous kind of memories that someone could keep- memories that could haunt someone for a lifetime.

Ki remembers it- just like she remembers the time Sarah tells the group Rafe had jumped her- almost killed her. Or the time he jumped Pope, or JJ, or JohnB.

Yeah, Rafe was dangerous- Kiara knew that...

These memories and thoughts making it very hard for Ki to fall asleep that night...

Ki knew something stirred in Rafe that she couldn't quite see past... but why couldn't she stop herself from thinking of times Rafe had been different, not only to her but... just seemed somehow freer... free from something plaguing or weighing him...

...And there are those memories of Rafe- another Rafe- the one's that whirl back to her now and then, and remind her that Rafe's 'now' wasn't a complete picture- which still doesn't excuse the things he had done... but she knew there was more to him... and those memories were memories she couldn't quite remove from herself- from her mind...

When she were fifteen, he were seventeen just about to turn eighteen... things were kind of a little different between the two... just a little, Ki would like to add. Ki wasn't particularly keen on being a kook... in fact she never liked the idea. And those days were particularly hard- she'd had been having a hard time with her parents (which has almost always seemed to be the case)- she'd had a hard time with school, she never felt she'd fit in- Sarah had been her best friend and she can't seem to say she found a friend in any other kook...

When Sarah had invited Ki over for a stay over at the Cameron's- she didn't know that it wouldn't necessarily mean it would stay a stay over- but rather, that night would change- plans would change and they would eventually be seeking a good time out at a bonfire party hosted by Kelce at his family holiday beach house. And so they had snuck out.

And within minutes on arrival, Sarah would ditch her... yep, Ki couldn't believe it herself. Leaving with a tall handsome athletic charming boy she had met that night, Ki would be left meandering on her own. You couldn't blame that Ki felt frustrated- betrayed- kind of angered too- more so than she had felt scared. She didn't know what to do! She hadn't any other friends there, and the sight of kooks throwing empty beer cans into the ocean only made her veins want to burst...

The party became crowded, louder, more wild- Ki had to leave.

And that's when some problems began to unfold for Ki...

Ki wanders toward where they had dropped and hidden their bikes, picks up her own, mounts on, and slides her feet onto the pedals. She takes off and within a couple of seconds hits a parked car, stationed under a large tree... She had been thrown off her bike and crashed onto the dirt hard ground- she couldn't have felt more humiliated..

It catches the attention of a few party goers close by, gasping on the ground, all curled up trying to catch her breath.

...and things only got worse...

...the man from within the car climbs out, he looks pissed... six foot tall and beefy, he wanders out, cracking his knuckles as his eyes come across Ki laying- feeling small and exposed- on the ground...

She's urgently climbed onto her feet within seconds, her fight or flight reflexes on full drive- her brain feeling kind of foggy- kind of numb- she's unsure if she should run- but her feet refuse to move.

She feels a warm hand wrap about her wrist and her first instinct is to throw a hard punch, smacking that particular someone hard on the face.

The groans and flood of curse words pouring from his mouth are the next thing that make her heart beat faster and head spin to meet him. She flickers up her gaze to realize it had been Rafe- he lifts his gaze to her, they narrow, firm and startled, gaping a little in horror.