Additional Part 16: Troubles

Hey guys!! Just adding a little something before December, hope the is writing ok... as usual, I will look over it again tomorrow. Hope you have all been well, and good news is that the writers strike is over so hopefully they will go back to shooting Outerbanks again soon! Anyway here is a little continuation to my story, and hope it turned out ok. Hope you guys enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I told you, Pope… that wasn't 'im." Cleo dabs Pope's face gently with a warm cloth, re-doing the bandaging from the previous night. His left cheek blooms a dark shade of purple, gritted red scratches and grazes scatter his face. "Jude ain't that typa man to be playin' around, Pope… that's why I told ya- I'd handle 'im, I know 'im, I can ta talk to 'im…" Pope hisses as she presses the cloth a little tighter to a more severed area of skin. "What in the 'ell possessed ya to go punch that man, anyhow?… why would you try take 'im on?- Your lucky it weren't Jude, it coulda been far worse, I tell ya… Meanwhile you go and hit the wrong guy- left his nose bleedin', and his wife in distressed…" she tsks.

Pope shifts in his chair uncomfortably, a little embarrassed. "Errr, sorry." He clears his throat. His brows draw together. "I was, urgh, I was kind of wasted…" he scratches his head at the side. "It didn't help Rafe was pretty damn certain it was him- the 'right guy'... I mean, maybe I should have punched Rafe out instead-" he snorts humorlessly, and Cleo gives him a strange look, and then shakes her head. "Alright- alright- I shouldn't have punched anyone- I shouldn't have lost it… sorry." he shifts uncomfortably in his chair.

Sarah walks in, fixing up an earring to her left ear, then flattening down her skirt and fixing up the strap of her shoulder bag. She walks over and swoops up a fruit from off the kitchen counter and moves toward the pair seated at the dining table, appearing slightly fidgety like she'd had things endlessly on her mind, or as if she'd been constrained for time, or something. She slides in next to Cleo, groaning as she takes a bite of the apple she'd picked up.

"Morning guys." she exhales out softly, between chews. "I'm about to head out- meet up with Kiara again this morning…"she catches Cleo's curious look she gives her as she lifts her gaze up. The questions beginning to gleam in her eyes were making Sarah's cheeks heat up with color, and she swallows. "...at the pier." she adds, and gulps.

Cleo had picked up on how Sarah had been acting a little odd since they'd come back from Surfside… like maybe she had been holding something back… like something a little fishy was swimming in the air since they'd had their night out- just like she'd picked up the tension at the table between the girls that night. Sarah averts her gaze quickly before Cleo could read in more on her-

"Ok, Kie?... she ok? I's wonderin' what 'appened ta her last night… she kinda just vanished? Didn't even say a goodbye... did she leave wit Rafe?…"

Sarah nods quickly, determined to avert the conversation and avoid any questions coming from Cleo who she knew was quickly catching on… 

she can do this, she tells herself- she can keep a secret… even if it was kind of a huge deal, but she had promised Kiara… she was literally dying on the inside to get it off her chest, her chest was crushing with the need to tell someone, or everyone, she didn't know how much longer she could hold it in… preferably she'd blurt it out to Cleo first- or JB- who ever, but as long as Kie would give her the thumps up… she needed to desperately discuss this somehow… because she really wondered... was Kie making the right decision… or a huge mistake? 

Sarah clears her throat, redirecting the conversation before she's tempted to go places she'd promised Kie she wouldn't… she wasn't about to blow up her promise… even if this secret was something she believes the other pogues should definitely be made aware of… the secret that was gnawing uncomfortably at her insides… how was Kie keeping this in?- I mean, she was about to have a baby with someone Sarah seriously believes is incapable of ever being a good father, let alone a decent human being…