Chapter 8: Part 1: What They'd Been Waiting For

Hey guys! Sorry to take a long while with this one, I was feeling not well so I couldn't write. I know I didn't write it up too well- but hope it's still ok. Anyways hope you all have been well! I have only one more part to write up after this one... but I to want to write more it's just that I know I won't have the time. If I do put up more parts it would be super slow, like maybe one a month or something crazy like that. I love writing these two so much, and crossing my fingers we get Riara for season 4 even though I highly doubt they will go that way... but we can only hope! Anyways, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rafe leans up against the post of his wooden verandah, one foot up against the post. There is still a little light left in the sky, but the light is dimming quickly- orange tinged wisp clouds spreading over dusk sky as the sun slunk low and would soon sink away the evening into darkness. His porch lights come on.

His eyes scour the front of the outside of his property for the millionth time. He takes in a long drag of smoke, holding a cigarette to his mouth. His hand drops to the side, letting his smoke hang between his fingers- exhaling a cloud of smoke out from his nose.

A car pulls up, and he kicks himself off. He makes his way over to the steps- stands firm, fists twisting at his side- watching the car as it stops. His jaw flexes as he watches two people climb out. A satisfied smile curling at the corners of his mouth- rolling his tongue in his mouth as his smile begins to grow dark. He begins to slowly wander down the front foot... they near the fence talking to each other... until they spot Rafe.

JJ and JohnB come to a stop.

"Ahh shit." JohnB groans out. His shoulders tighten and he side-eyes JJ knowing exactly what would come next. Frozen- JJ hasn't moved yet, but JohnB can tell the subtle signs that rage had been building... and that- he would than need to be the one to intervene somehow between these two rage induced grown men before they could obliterate themselves in a fight.

JJ's blood simmers- his eyes- face burn... he can't think straight- can't stop thinking of anything but how much he missed his gun... his blood is pumping hard- all-consuming rage filling his veins- and his stifled by all the adrenaline that courses in him- but is killing for the freedom to unleash himself at Rafe.

Rafe throws his smoke to the ground- crushes it with his foot- already descending the stairs, trudging as he adjusts his sleeves with a smug jeering smile.

"Where is Ki?" JJ snarls out angrily.

"Not here." Rafe cracks his knuckles- watching him with a smug look.

JJ's glare hardens. He clears his throat- then wags his shoulders- preparing himself- stretching his muscles- pumping himself up for what he'd needed- wanted- dreamed- for... to crush Rafe... he fixes his hat on his head and cocks his head to the side once- then begins to approach Rafe at a exceptionally fast pace and in long determined strides-

"Good- good- I feel like we may get things resolved then-"

Rafe tilts his head- a dark smile sliced over his face- humor and satisfaction etched to his face.

"Really?"

JJ is already taking a swing- Rafe stepping around him, pins and pulls him back into a head-lock. Rafe drags him back- choking him a little. "Yeah- we'll get things resolved- like, how you think pulling a gun to my head wouldn't get you in this position- fucking pussy-"

"I should of killed you-" JJ yells back- shoving his elbow hard into Rafe's rib- pushing the both back hard, both collapsing down hard onto the dirt. JJ is quick to pry Rafe's arm away, breaking free- turning fast and tackling him on the lawn. JJ pins Rafe down- beating him with his fist a couple of times- packing a few powerful punches to his jaw, nose and face- drawing blood from Rafe's mouth and nose. Rafe manages to land a hard hit back- throwing a punch to JJ's core, making him roll and gasp for air- and Rafe throws JJ off him.