Chapter 6: Part 1: Last Night was Rocky

Hey Guys! I know this is not perfect but hope it's just ok. I won't be able to update for two weeks because of somethings at the moment, but I will work on as much as I can for the next part. This part was actually meant to be longer but had to split into two parts. Anyway, hope it turned out ok. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up with a throbbing temple and badly hungover- Rafe feels deathly... the yacht rocking was not helping either.

Head aching, muscles sore... he rubs the ball of his shoulder and grimances. His mouth was dry- icky and sticky- an awful taste fills his mouth- vomit from last night- he assumes. Closed mouth he moans and winces as he stirs and rolls onto his back... his brain felt static or something- fuzzy and cloudied- stormy and swollen beyond limit... he struggles to open his eyes.

His eyes slit open- turning his head to the side and taking in the fuzzy image of Ki as she laid on the other end of his bed... as far as she possibly could from him.

He squeezes his eyes- blinks hard- forcing his eyes to come awake- into focus- faster... her outline becomes more clear.

She'd been faced away from him... a definite sign he'd done something wrong last night- he can't remember what- he'd been too drunk to remember- but he'd definitely done something probably stupid enough for her to be laying so far away with her back turned to him... her blanket up high covering her body, engulfing her shoulders completely.

He continues to let his eyes wander on her, trying to remember what he'd done- what happened- rubbing a hand over his eyes firmly- the exhaustion impairing his thinking.

He hadn't been able to tell if she'd been awake or not- so he forces himself up onto his elbow, grunting as his head spins and feels like it's splitting open... he squeezes his eyes closed, waiting for the swirling and piercing pain in his head to subside a little.

He peers over to see if she'd still had her eyes closed... they were not open.

His brows knit together as his eyes travel over her face, swallows as he takes her in... his veins pump slower- filled with exhaustion but fierce with something else as his gaze flits to her lips... fuck- he knows he shouldn't be thinking this- but he itches to trail his hand over her cheek- wants to kiss her exposed neck, her lips, her eyes- her brows- her body- kiss her all over... he knows he can't... if he knew he could- he'd hold her... if they hadn't had their tiff, he'd probably be making love to her now... he doesn't care how much his head hurts- he wants to feel her breathe against his face- her moan against his ear as she falls apart and he could watch her... he loves her voice- it could melt his world into silence- it brings his whole world crashing to a stop- settles every emotion burning in his bones, but erupts them up again with something else new and more fierce in his soul...

She's beautiful... her expression soft- skin gentle- her eyes, even as their closed, he knew were kind... she's everything that's making him want to be good... she sends his heart blowing into another rhythm that he can't explain- and he's not sure how he can stop himself from falling so deeply-
He clears his throat... he needs to avert his thoughts- clear his head- be more realistic... because they'd almost reached Barbados and he needs to keep his mind strong... Ki could potentially crush him once they'd arrived in Barbados... so maybe- no- keeping himself protected, unpenetrable- hardening his heart was one way... nobody could break Rafe... he'd always kept himself fortified- made himself strong and prepared for almost anything...

...on that thought- he's remembered his gun... the one he'd kept hidden and locked away in the cockpit- the one he's going to find and pack away into his bag for once they'd arrive in Barbados- because with arrival there may come some trouble... if he gets off his yacht onto the island and the first thing he sees is JJ... or even Pope or JohnB... he'll be well prepared... JJ had pulled a gun on him first so it wouldn't surprise him if he'd try doing it again... he just hopes it won't come to that in front of Ki..